Xmen director resigns

12 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Actually pretty much the opposite; that the record of some cops' excessive use of force against African Americans was "a hoax." Y'know, your basic Holocaust denial thing, but updated to reflect the modern times. 😎

I'm not on facebook so have no clue. So dude rolls up and drops a "this is all made up"? Social media gets so many people in trouble. Imagine if employers look at those platforms and what the chances anyone would get jobs. Thanks for the info. 

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

IIRC the phrase was “BLM is a hoax”

If I get banned I don’t care because I’m sick of this from all sides...

Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie... 

The phrase is true. The organization people could have different opinions on correct/

You should not be banned for any of what you just posted in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would phrase it ‘Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie without consequences’. We can’t legislate against stupidity. 

if we did, most politicians would be out of work

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dans said:

We are all getting sick of the nonsense in this country. I'm really asking an honest question though, not trying to stir the pot. The BLM movement is silent on two very important points: the large number of black on black killings in this country and the large number of abortions in the black community. These are two very valid points that many choose to ignore. And sadly, this honest question may get me banned from this site. Oh well, this is an extremely volatile time for America and I simply refuse to follow the forced narrative and be silent.

Why ban you for an opinion? There are opposing views on much of today's issues. 

In my opinion the questions you ask do not fall into the predisposed narrative and they would rather not acknowledge that data. 

• Like 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Like that too... just to be clear to everyone I was thinking of people who knowingly lie but justify it by saying it is free speech. Too stupid to know the difference is one thing but using freedom of speech like this makes me want to 🤮

Then there was the segregationalist I worked with for a few years. Guy had the most amazing “facts” he thought were true. Had the cutest blank look when someone corrected him on something

Unfortunately, I do not know what the remedy is.  Racism is very deeply rooted in our culture, and will take generations to root out.  For example - TV news guy said other day 'It is a dark time for America' - he said "dark" - is that racist, or based in racism?  Another said something about how the taxpayers were 'gypped' out of something - that is a racist term referring to the Roma  (aka 'gypsies') in Europe.

And we are tearing down confederate statues, and possibly renaming military bases named after confederate generals.  What do we do about the Wilson bridge in  DC?  Woodrow Wilson segregated the Federal Gov't when he became President in 1913.  Where do we stop?

ps  I found a FORTRAN punch-card program in the attic a few years back.  Was trying to explain to kids how computers used to be used.  They looked at me like I had grown a third hand out of my forehead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if we did, most politicians would be out of work

And people wonder why I registered independent the other year. (Grumpy old guy getting grumpier 😛). My only regret is not being able to vote in our closed primaries. But my land line gets a LOT less calls during election time.

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unfortunately, I do not know what the remedy is.  Racism is very deeply rooted in our culture, and will take generations to root out.  For example - TV news guy said other day 'It is a dark time for America' - he said "dark" - is that racist, or based in racism?  Another said something about how the taxpayers were 'gypped' out of something - that is a racist term referring to the Roma  (aka 'gypsies') in Europe.

And we are tearing down confederate statues, and possibly renaming military bases named after confederate generals.  What do we do about the Wilson bridge in  DC?  Woodrow Wilson segregated the Federal Gov't when he became President in 1913.  Where do we stop?

ps  I found a FORTRAN punch-card program in the attic a few years back.  Was trying to explain to kids how computers used to be used.  They looked at me like I had grown a third hand out of my forehead.

I see it as no remedy... at least not in this world. As for the segregationalist I mentioned he would have given you the shirt off his back if you needed it. And was friendly and praised the one black lady in the office. But hit the wrong subject and the other side came out. Always think of him as an example of people are not all one way or the other. 

As for the bases the only opinions I am listening to are the soldiers who train and live there. And I can’t imagine the feelings of a minority giving up part of their life to serve your country and the be in a base named for some who..... 

And... FORmula TRANslation lmao. My favorite Futurama bit is the beer is named Old FORTRAN 400. Always cracked me up and then had to explain it to my wife

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, E3D said:

I'm not on facebook so have no clue. So dude rolls up and drops a "this is all made up"? Social media gets so many people in trouble. Imagine if employers look at those platforms and what the chances anyone would get jobs. Thanks for the info. 

Lol I always look at it as if you wouldn’t tell it to your minister, your family or yell it from the middle of a crowd you probably shouldn’t post it. It’s out there, it ain’t going away and everyone can see it. Hell you can’t even delete a FB account, you can only set it to “deactivated”. 

Got yearly training from DoD regarding protecting personal info on the web. Just applied that knowledge to how and what I say to the world

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1