What was the worst food a Drum Corps ever fed you?

3 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Can you top warm bologna wrapped in iceberg lettuce with ¼ cup of mayonnaise?   

A GSC corps I taught in the mid-70's went on a short tour. The parents decided to serve spaghetti. They had purchased the cheapest they could find, as usual. They cooked it so long that it actually melted and turned into starchy water.

On the positive side, our unis never looked so good...nice and sharp!   😎 

• Haha 1

I’m sure this must sound strange, but before finals in 1979, we were fed a Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, stuffing and trimmings, after eating nothing but marginal nutrition, at best, for weeks. So I marched finals in a tryptophan coma. I am still pretty sure I had a good run, but I wonder if we could have scored higher on a carb loaded meal. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

So far,  it appears warm bologna lettuce wraps with mayonnaise is atop the leader board, with thick spaghetti water a very close second.  Beef Stroganoff doesn't sound all that bad, but I'm not from Jersey.

The "nachos" were just awful. Cheap, round, tough corn chips drenched in what I referred to as "cheese fluid." It came in a giant white can with black type on it which read simply CHEESE. Undoubtedly 99% oil. 

They tended to cause quite a bit of fluidity after consumption as well. 

1986 spaghetti...food poisoning.

Endless PB&J sandwiches at Sky Ryders, where the summer heat usually melted the peanut butter into a soupy mess that had to be poured onto the bread. 

• Like 3

1986 "The Commandant's Own" at Shea stadium after playing the National Anthem during the World Series.

COLD "Hot Dogs"

COLD "Hot Chocolate"

WARM Soda "No Ice"

Thank you New York Mets!

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Haha 1

I have heard stories about Bridgemen staying at same school as Blue Devils & some of Bayonne's guard making 'friends' with BD members so they could eat off the BD food truck, while rest of Bridgemen had popcorn.

One thing that is vastly better in 2019 vs BITD is that food & bus quality was vastly improved in 2019 (jury is still out for 2021).