What was the worst food a Drum Corps ever fed you?

45 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

That’s criminal!

It was called “character building” BITD.

• Haha 2

The worst thing a corps fed me was warm sweaty boloney on white bread, with "bug juice", Gatorade they mixed with their whole arm in the cooler and it often had bugs floating around in it.  

The worst thing a host family fed me was garlic pancakes.  We had spaghetti the night before and unbeknownst to anyone, one of the guys had mixed garlic powder into a whole tub of butter.  None of us could eat the pancakes.

As a member of Sky Ryders.....nothing. That is, we were not fed anything on multiple occasions.

Having lived most of my life in TX, Crossmen's 1996 "Fajitas" are a close second. That was a tortilla with lunch meat and Pace picante sauce.

• Sad 1

Worst meal I ever had was "gravy bread". Corps was served turkey and gravy, but by the time the front ensemble got done loading and showering, there was barely any meat left. So the food ladies gave us sliced white bread and poured the remaining gravy with meat shrapnel over it. I should point out that this was in DCA, and what made it particularly memorable was that it was served to us right before finals. No better hype for your last performance!

On 6/25/2020 at 10:55 AM, Mikah said:

The worst thing a corps fed me was warm sweaty boloney on white bread, with "bug juice", Gatorade they mixed with their whole arm in the cooler and it often had bugs floating around in it.  

The worst thing a host family fed me was garlic pancakes.  We had spaghetti the night before and unbeknownst to anyone, one of the guys had mixed garlic powder into a whole tub of butter.  None of us could eat the pancakes.

Garlic pancakes?  I see no problem with the contrast of garlic & the sweet savory maple syrup, followed by the applewood smoked bacon.  :spitting:    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:12 AM, bullethead said:

As a member of Sky Ryders.....nothing. That is, we were not fed anything on multiple occasions.

Having lived most of my life in TX, Crossmen's 1996 "Fajitas" are a close second. That was a tortilla with lunch meat and Pace picante sauce.

What make this a medal contender is not so much the food combination but calling it a "Fajita".  

Bonus points for Pace "picante sauce".  

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, Terri Schehr said:

We’re you in with the cake in Kansas?  

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to the heatstroke meltdown and Cavaliers/police intervention in Pittsburg, KS in 2006? I was marching a different corps at that time but obviously knew people there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to the heatstroke meltdown and Cavaliers/police intervention in Pittsburg, KS in 2006? I was marching a different corps at that time but obviously knew people there.

Yes.  It was 105 degrees and I was told that all they fed the kids was leftover birthday cake.