What was the worst food a Drum Corps ever fed you?

Nothing any worse than what the Ayatollah makes for us at home today.

This woman uses the smoke detector as a timer. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

1986 "The Commandant's Own" at Shea stadium after playing the National Anthem during the World Series.

COLD "Hot Dogs"

COLD "Hot Chocolate"

WARM Soda "No Ice"

Thank you New York Mets!

Harry Carry, legendary Chicago Cubs TV announcers once said "I just realized something!  Mets, spelled backward, is stem!"

21 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

BD's worst meal in 84 was beef stroganoff.  Not many of us ate it...so after the Pt. Huron rainout show, when we were stuck at the Canadian border with Garfield, Freelancers, and 27th, we gave it to Garfield....and we sat on our  busses in slack-jawed amazement watching them pound it down like there was no tomorrow.

Even today, alums of 84 Cadets tell me that was their BEST meal all year!

That stroganoff might have given them that extra tenth of a point that they needed. 😉 

Kidding. Kidding. Great story though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

That stroganoff might have given them that extra tenth of a point that they needed. 😉 

Kidding. Kidding. Great story though. 

Looking back, we should've poisoned it!

I keed...I keed!!

• Haha 2

We got “Dewey Suey” on occasion. Named after Duane Fay, one of our great support staff/cooks.
To this day, I’m not sure what was in it. The expression “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger“ comes to mind. The Fays kept us fed though!

Edited by Sutasaurus

37 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

We got “Dewey Suey” on occasion. Named after Duane Fay, one of our great support staff/cooks.
To this day, I’m not sure what was in it. The expression “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger“ comes to mind. The Fays kept us fed though!

Actually the worst I probably won’t mention by name here. But Regiment alums know.

A dixie cup of cereal, another dixie cup of milk, and a stale donut.  Delicious, but probably not calorically sufficient.