What was the worst food a Drum Corps ever fed you?

15 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

blue baloney. 

Let's just say, I became a "food truck vegetarian" for the rest of the summer after seeing this. 

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

No grits & I'm from the South; texture issue.  Prefer hash browns especially the Waffle House flavor. 🙌 

Not much you can do with hash browns -- salt/pepper, maybe ketchup (Yech!).

But grits -- butter or red eye gravy or milk/sugar (either hot or cold).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Now now, it’s not a contest. Lol. They’re both good. Hash browns as a base for corned beef hash. Yum! Grits for their taste and versatility - savory or sweet. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Butter and hot sauce on my grits! Yum

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I hate to disagree but there are multiple configurations for the Waffle House hash browns.  There have been songs written about them.  ( Not good ones but still.)  Here's just one article from the AJC that have been written about the experience.  (My Dad did prefer his grits as a dessert with sugar.)  :spitting:

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/dining/your-guide-waffle-house-hash-browns/u6FvGwLoPboYIaz6hFukGP/ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I hate to disagree but there are multiple configurations for the Waffle House hash browns.  There have been songs written about them.  ( Not good ones but still.)  Here's just one article from the AJC that have been written about the experience.  (My Dad did prefer his grits as a dessert with sugar.)  :spitting:

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/dining/your-guide-waffle-house-hash-browns/u6FvGwLoPboYIaz6hFukGP/ 

I will say -- True, and leave it at that so as to not hijack this thread with a grits vs hash browns debate. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I will say -- True, and leave it at that so as to not hijack this thread with a grits vs hash browns debate. 🙂

It's so dam slow around here, a good ole argument about grits and hash browns might be enjoyable.  And it's not political!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

It's so dam slow around here, a good ole argument about grits and hash browns might be enjoyable.  And it's not political!

Oh, but the "DCP Rubric" has a way of transitioning topics into the political realm.  "Make Grits Great Again?"  Or, "Grits will kill the COVID-19 virus?"   :whistle:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Oh but the "DCP Rubric" has a way of transitioning topics into the political realm.  "Make Grits Great Again?  Or, "Grits will kill the COVID-19 virus"?   :whistle:

You're probably right.

• Like 1