DCI 2020

I don't want to get people down but this week would have been the kick off week to 2020. Basically opening weekend to drum corp. I have to admit it's really tough. I know we kinda argue about shows and rankings but I miss that. All I can say looking forward to 2021 and I will appreciate this activity more now than ever.

• Like 2

Nm I hit the wrong thread

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 6/16/2020 at 11:30 AM, DFA1970 said:

I don't want to get people down but this week would have been the kick off week to 2020. Basically opening weekend to drum corp. I have to admit it's really tough. I know we kinda argue about shows and rankings but I miss that. All I can say looking forward to 2021 and I will appreciate this activity more now than ever.

I for one echo your sentiments. And I know at least a few others who do also. It is a tough time. I will continue to watch "old" shows. I have just finished all 8 or 9  seasons of Inside BD360. They are very informative and fun to watch. I highly recommend it in these times.

Words can not describe how sad I was yesterday. I obviously understand the situation, but I already miss the excitement of cheering on all of the corps and especially The Cavaliers. Frankly, I was also looking forward to FINALLY traveling to Mesquite, Texas for The Cavaliers home away from home show. Maybe next season... 🙂  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Words can not describe how sad I was yesterday. I obviously understand the situation, but I already miss the excitement of cheering on all of the corps and especially The Cavaliers. Frankly, I was also looking forward to FINALLY traveling to Mesquite, Texas for The Cavaliers home away from home show. Maybe next season... 🙂  

I completely empathize. Yesterday was a bummer; knowing I should have been at the theater watching opening day.  It is a reminder to keep supporting the activity financially as now I know what it is like with no drum corps.  Hook 'em- you should look into being a summer position of some sorts with the Cavaliers in the future if you ever can. I am sure you would be just as good as it as you are an ardent fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

I completely empathize. Yesterday was a bummer; knowing I should have been at the theater watching opening day.  It is a reminder to keep supporting the activity financially as now I know what it is like with no drum corps.  Hook 'em- you should look into being a summer position of some sorts with the Cavaliers in the future if you ever can. I am sure you would be just as good as it as you are an ardent fan.

I plan to. It is a BIG reason why I dropped my old life (not going to get into the details... but I am happy that I did it) and moved to my college town. I am still waiting on the university to tell me what is going on for the small semester, but I am VERY optimistic. I hope to be an instructor for the best corps in the country soon. 

The summer just isn't the same without DCI. 

• Like 1

Don't know if this was posted anywhere else, but DCI will be continuing its annual I&E Performers' Showcase in a virtual setting this year.

https://www.dci.org/news/dci-performers-showcase-individual-and-ensemble-competition-goes-virtual

Some notable points:

- DCI has loosened its eligibility requirements to include participants over the age of 22 (in their own separate category), as well as those who otherwise were not planning on marching this year, so long as they participate in an established marching circuit and/or attend a credible education/performing arts program, such as high school, college, conservatory, etc.

- By extension, MMs that normally would not get a chance to attend this event because their corps would be polishing their show for World Championships can participate as well.

- There's also a new Multitrack Soloist category with several subcategories for the more multi-talented participants.