Bands of America offering Audio Downloads - 2015 is first

I know this isn't drum corps related, but it is something that a lot of you who follow ALL of the marching arts might be interested in...I downloaded the full finals bundle from 2015 Grand Nats and quality is pretty good.  Lots of "drum corps" connections amongst the bands involved with staff, directors, etc.

bb26753e6b904a4f3bd03084_1020x606.png

Announcing Music for All/Bands of America Audio Downloads

We are excited to announce media.musicforall.org – Music for All’s new home for Music for All and Bands of America audio downloads for purchase. We’ve launched with Music for All National Festival concerts and the 2015 Bands of America Grand National Finals audio recordings, with more to be added.

You can download an individual school’s performance, or a bundle of the entire Finals at a deep discount.
Check it out.

4a04f3baa465af44ea02e052_1020x176.png
ba513c68ca67da11e53746cb_1020x92.png

If I recall correctly, 2015 was the first year after their previous streaming options got shut, apparently because of Tresona. They used to offer videos for sale every year, but I believe people who paid for the 2014 videos eventually had their money refunded because they were never able to release them.

So this is nice to see.

Tresono delenda est. 

I love the 2015 show from William Mason High School, "Somewhere," which is basically structured as a tone poem on themes from West Side Story that includes Holst's "Mars" from The Planets, Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra,  Rota's "What Is a Youth?" (aka "A Time for Us") from Romeo & Juliet and the fourth movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4., all framed by the titular music by Bernstein. Conflict, Youth, Love, Fate. The show placed fourth at Grand Nationals.

2015 was the last time I attended Grand Nationals, and what a year it was. 

Hebron with that silky ballad.

William Mason with the retelling of West Side Story.

Broken Arrow with the Shostakovich/Horse Head show.

I LOVED Grand National Finals that year. I can't wait to go back next year.

Wild.

Blue.

Orchid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

2015 was the last time I attended Grand Nationals, and what a year it was. 

Hebron with that silky ballad.

William Mason with the retelling of West Side Story.

Broken Arrow with the Shostakovich/Horse Head show.

I LOVED Grand National Finals that year. I can't wait to go back next year.

Would heavily recommend checking out the groups from this year (especially Hebron, who gave the most musical performance I’ve ever heard in BOA). You missed a heck of a year!

11 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Would heavily recommend checking out the groups from this year (especially Hebron, who gave the most musical performance I’ve ever heard in BOA). You missed a heck of a year!

It's not like I didn't watch them via Flo, I just haven't been to Grand Nationals in person since 2015. Other obligations and the such. 

20 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I'm actually listening to these tracks now. Hebron won the music performance caption, and you can tell why.

• Like 1

Hebron live is something else, they sound good on video but in person it’s bonkers.  2017 in particular was wild, big first impact I swear I was sitting in front of a drum corps.   Insane mellophone section and woodwinds in particular.   Their technical prowess is pretty untouchable in the HS world, only one that comes close is Vandegrift IMO.  Marcus in their prime as well.