DCP Amnesty Program?

Many former DCP posters found themselves banished from the site for various behaviors. Many of them were prolific posters.  Right now, with a dearth of activity, I wonder if the time has come to offer amnesty. Would you support letting banned posters back into the fold? Would they be interested in coming back?  Discuss.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Many former DCP posters found themselves banished from the site for various behaviors. Many of them were prolific posters.  Right now, with a dearth of activity, I wonder if the time has come to offer amnesty. Would you support letting banned posters back into the fold? Would they be interested in coming back?  Discuss.

🤷‍♀️Like Jim Schehr?  

• Like 5

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

🤷‍♀️Like Jim Schehr?  

Who? 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Or Brasso?   Oh wait...I’ll probably get banned now. 🤦‍♀️

You mean you weren’t? 😂

• Haha 2

I don’t know if a blanket amnesty for all who have been banned is warranted. Some were pretty vulgar and offensive with sexist and homophobic remarks. However there were others who seemed to be gone and it did seem as if they were banned because they got on the wrong side of some folks. Granted, objectionable posts may have been deleted before I saw them, so there may have been good reason for banning, but it seemed arbitrary.

I don’t know if DCP has any kind of appeal process, and perhaps banned members could appeal, but with a few, they could be readmitted and we’d have endless rants about COVID-19 being the fault of DCI and electronics and the only vaccine is G bugles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

I don’t know if a blanket amnesty for all who have been banned is warranted. Some were pretty vulgar and offensive with sexist and homophobic remarks. However there were others who seemed to be gone and it did seem as if they were banned because they got on the wrong side of some folks. Granted, objectionable posts may have been deleted before I saw them, so there may have been good reason for banning, but it seemed arbitrary.

I don’t know if DCP has any kind of appeal process, and perhaps banned members could appeal, but with a few, they could be readmitted and we’d have endless rants about COVID-19 being the fault of DCI and electronics and the only vaccine is G bugles. 

You mean COVID isn’t the fault of DCI? Who knew?

• Haha 1