DCP Amnesty Program?

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I don’t know if a blanket amnesty for all who have been banned is warranted. Some were pretty vulgar and offensive with sexist and homophobic remarks. However there were others who seemed to be gone and it did seem as if they were banned because they got on the wrong side of some folks. Granted, objectionable posts may have been deleted before I saw them, so there may have been good reason for banning, but it seemed arbitrary.

I don’t know if DCP has any kind of appeal process, and perhaps banned members could appeal, but with a few, they could be readmitted and we’d have endless rants about COVID-19 being the fault of DCI and electronics and the only vaccine is G bugles. 

Perhaps banned posters are readmitted with some provisos.

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You lured me out.  YOU!  😂 

Who, me? 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Who, me? 🤷‍♂️ 

I have a complaint.  I wear my mask properly everywhere but I’m #### tired of seeing people wearing masks under their nose.  I saw several people just today.  If my old ### can wear this mask properly, your twenty-something ### can, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have a complaint.  I wear my mask properly everywhere but I’m #### tired of seeing people wearing masks under their nose.  I saw several people just today.  If my old ### can wear this mask properly, your twenty-something ### can, too.

Totally get it ... trust me! (It’s kind of a pet peeve.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Perhaps banned posters are readmitted with some provisos.

There are also a few who may have been readmitted, though not officially, using a different name and perhaps a different computer or device.

22 minutes ago, Tim K said:

There are also a few who may have been readmitted, though not officially, using a different name and perhaps a different computer or device.

Could be ... but without a doubt, our posting population has dropped, and I think allowing previous posters another chance would be welcome. 

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Could be ... but without a doubt, our posting population has dropped, and I think allowing previous posters another chance would be welcome. 

I agree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Many former DCP posters found themselves banished from the site for various behaviors. Many of them were prolific posters.  Right now, with a dearth of activity, I wonder if the time has come to offer amnesty. Would you support letting banned posters back into the fold? Would they be interested in coming back?  Discuss.

Many were chronic offenders just walking a fine line of being tossed many times. Some warned many times. Some would contribute an altered  fact now and then and just waited for an argument. It may not be everyone BUT there were some staples here that just moved on with their same 3-5 argument points to other sites.

I do hate to paint with such a broad brush BUT NO I wouldn't be for it only because of some famous few slithering back. I would mention who they are but don;t want to give them oxygen again. 

They did contribute TO DCP night on some buses though with members and gave a good laugh but with them gone that little games died off and not as popular ..lol

Maybe 1 time offenders ok, chronic people  being reported  I say, stay away...jmo

Remember some gave the site a bad name and also drove people off

Edited by GUARDLING