Why do Covid-related threads get locked?

25 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I think about the times in our country’s history when the citizenry was called upon to makes sacrifices and now shake my head when people freak out over wearing a mask at the grocery store. 

Wellllll..... lets just say I feel good that my states leaders wear masks when they address the public.... and can actually say the word “mask”.

However our LT Guv had a problem when this started as he went out for a walk with his mask and scared the crap out of people. Dude is size of a redwood and looks (more than) kind of like a biker (shaved(?) head and salt n pepper goatee). He told of the experience on his twitter feed and someone said “have you looked in the mirror you would scare people wearing a mask”. Lt Guv response was “true”...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Maybe because this is a website related to Drum Corps?  If I want information on COVID-19, DCP is one of the last places I would look to.

But that's just me. 

Edited by greg_orangecounty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

If it's a day ending in "Y" then no. 

Alcohol is the only thing keeping this train on the rails at the point. 

I'm kidding.  Sort of.  I don’t even know. 😇🍷🤪🤷‍♀️

• Haha 2

I think it is because everything related to COVID-19 has become politicized and it is darn near impossible to say anything about it that won’t be refuted by someone of the opposing viewpoint.

In my case, I recognize that I am hypersensitive about the subject because of personal experience. All in all, it is a perfect storm for things to spiral out of control. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Maybe because this is a website related to Drum Corps?  If I want information on COVID-19, DCP is one of the last places I would come for information.

But that's just me. 

Well Covid 19 does relate to drum-corp because there is no 2020 season. And 2021 season is locked  into how we deal with Covid 19 so yes it's all connected...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Maybe because this is a website related to Drum Corps?  If I want information on COVID-19, DCP is one of the last places I would look to.

But that's just me. 

Well I like to get the on the ground view of others experiences with this mess without dealing with biases of other places I could look. At least here I don’t get called a leftist because I asked a question (cuz you know we’re all alike) 😜

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Well Covid 19 does relate to drum-corp because there is no 2020 season. And 2021 season is locked  into how we deal with Covid 19 so yes it's all connected...

The "discussion" of COVID veered way off the context of Drum Corps.  It quickly turns into dueling bar graphs, self-aggrandizing pseudo-scientists, and personal attacks.  If you are a moderator why would you want to have to constantly police something like that?  Easier to cut it off entirely. 

This is a privately owned website and I don't blame them.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Why do Covid-related threads get locked? 

To quote a great movie, it's because "they don't have meetings about rainbows."

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To quote a great movie, it's because "they don't have meetings about rainbows."

Are you saying that this topic is the screw driver to the neck of DCP?

”I see dead threads.”

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1