Why do Covid-related threads get locked?

3 hours ago, Continental said:

The original poster was quarantined?

Maybe I missed something, but he had a son that came back from a hockey trip to Europe at the start of this.  His son was in a cabin for a few weeks after returning.  His son was in quarantine along with his son's friend. 

He also has family members in the medical field and was extremely concerned about the non-Covid-19 medical treatments being temporarily stopped as Covid-19 took priority.

Maybe I dreamed this all up. But I do read what people have to say on here so perhaps I'm not wrong. 

Yes, his intent for the thread was abused.  But lets be clear on details. 

I feel like we are playing that school game where a story that starts at the beginning of the class drastically changes as it gets to the last student. 

I thought he had said he made a decision to isolate himself at the time, but perhaps not.  Sorry if I did not remember or provide the entire story.  It wasn’t really the point.  The point was the thread was supposed to be an encouragement thread in our dealing with Covid and the person who started it was affected in a significant way, so it was not a trivial or primarily political matter to him.

• Like 1

OK - If we were to design a Covid-19 themed show, what would it look like?  Alice Cooper's 'Schools Out' is one possibility; the Sound of Silence (w/r/t Drum Corps) is another.  

And here is a link to the top 10 rock songs about sickness:  https://ultimateclassicrock.com/sick-songs/

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
to use more better English
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - If we were to design a Covid-19 themed show, what would it look like?  Alice Cooper's 'Schools Out' is one possibility; the Sound of Silence (w/r/t Drum Corps) is another.

4'33" would make that point too.

probably because crazies weaponize their opinions about serious subjects to try to boost their self esteem and show their moral superiority.  same with any social media discussion, really.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I don't like wearing a mask but this is how we cure this. It's frustrating.

As far as I know, no one has disproved the importance of social distancing, or all other measures that can be taken.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

As far as I know, no one has disproved the importance of social distancing, or all other measures that can be taken.  

Oh some will try (not on DCP but have seen some interesting alternate realities else where) 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

At least here I don’t get called a leftist because I asked a question (cuz you know we’re all alike) 😜

Consider yourself lucky.  I have been called (or obliquely accused of being) all kinds of things because I asked a question or made a practical point.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Consider yourself lucky.  I have been called (or obliquely accused of being) all kinds of things because I asked a question or made a practical point.  

Same here... the leftist one made me laugh out loud... followed by “you’re all alike”. Guess had a RAMD flashback lol

37 minutes ago, skevinp said:

In addition to Drum Corps my wife and I are roller coaster enthusiasts.

The issue having of having to wear masks at all times in parks has been a hot topic on the coaster boards.

One  topic is the effectiveness of face coverings.

One person put up an interesting post on the subject.

www.coasterbuzz.com/forums/topic/cedar-point-facing-backlash-over-face-mask-policy/3

(I'm a dinosaur.If someone can get up a link,I'd appreciate it)

The post is by Gary Gowdell.

Regardless of how you feel about masks,its an interesting read.

Personally I wear a mask where I'm required to.

But sometimes,after a while, even in air conditioning,I have trouble breathing.

When that happens I uncover my nose.

But I've had situations where I had to take it off. 

Edited by rpbobcat

2012 Bloo UnMasQued is one of my favorite shows

• Like 1
  • Haha 2