Would it make sense for DCI to implement temporary rules limiting certain things that add to a corps ability to tour

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My kid marched in a Division 2 corps for five seasons.  The red-headed ######## stepchildren of the drum corps world was driven home to me in 2000.  We drove to Westminster, Maryland for the first day of div 2/3 prelims.  The grass was practically knee high on the football field.  My friend, Big Al, longtime volunteer for DCI, hopped on a riding mower and mowed down that cow pasture as well as he could. 

That was my reality check and why I began saying that we were the red-headed ######## stepchildren of DCI. 

The mulch was still shin-high after cutting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:51 AM, Jeff Ream said:

look at the OC tour....not exactly going where people live

Nah...when I read reviews online...they often start with "Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it into the stands for the first few corps".

So even when smaller corps are opening shows for the bigger corps, people are still missing their performances.

In mixed OC/WC shows, I will always try to see all corps, starting with the National Anthem.  

• Like 4

On 7/2/2020 at 12:48 AM, GUARDLING said:

Another part of the problem  for sure but when little is brought to the table and the support in way of actual people in seats and $$$$$$ well the argument gets thin.

rinse repeat. so many of the same mistakes, 2 of which we have pointed oit

17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Should I laugh at this, or cry?

All this bickering, all this segregation of WC/OC, all this hoarding of revenue for top corps only, etc etc, has been going on for as long as DCI has existed.  They created this system of haves and have-nots 50 years ago.  As recently as this January, they doubled down on it with even more restrictive rules and policies to keep the have-nots out.  But something has changed.  Today, some of the haves are facing the prospect of becoming have-nots due to forces beyond their control.  

Is this DCI-engineered mitosis of the activity really the most important thing to defend right now?

not defending it. pointing out how it got ####ed up

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

The mulch was still shin-high after cutting.

and that stadium is nothing to write home about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shostahoosier said:

Nah...when I read reviews online...they often start with "Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it into the stands for the first few corps".

So even when smaller corps are opening shows for the bigger corps, people are still missing their performances.

i haven't denied this. but look at the places the OC tour goes. many places don't even count as suburbs

• Haha 1

duplicate post

Edited by shostahoosier
Didn't use quote function correctly.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i haven't denied this. but look at the places the OC tour goes. many places don't even count as suburbs

Well...you got me there. 

Even OC finals was in the middle of nowhere.