Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

Denise has been around the block. I think she isn’t virtue signaling. She is the real deal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Obviously we should hope that it goes past mere signalling to actually addressing the problem.

I wouldn't hold my breath.  The same people that scream about limitations and leveling the playing field are the ones virtue signalling.  HOW many times have we been over placement vs corps income....and its never addressed.   People like their elite little clubs and say all the right things but never do the right things.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I wouldn't hold my breath.  The same people that scream about limitations and leveling the playing field are the ones virtue signalling.  HOW many times have we been over placement vs corps income....and its never addressed.   People like their elite little clubs and say all the right things but never do the right things.

You don’t know Denise. 

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

And you know this how?

Suppose we discovered that not as many women want to be a corps director.  What then?

Actually I can weigh in on this with some 1st hand knowledge and experience. It is true many women given the opportunity to not only direct, teach, and judge, many refuse for numerous reasons. Often over the years I have heard from them " Are you nuts"..lol....I've always said women are much smarter.

There have been over the years some great  talented women yet few either stay or even accept initially.

Edited by GUARDLING

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Denise has been around the block. I think she isn’t virtue signaling. She is the real deal. 

That’s good to hear.  I do think she deserves credit for committing to studying the matter as opposed to reflexively adopting a specific movement or terminology.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You don’t know Denise. 

Initially, I was a big fan of Denise and what she brought to the Cadets. However, I don't like the most recent announcements from the Cadets. Some of the people who were most responsible for the Cadets disaster of 2019 are being more empowered by the current Cadets management. Not a good trend for the Cadets...becoming social justice warriors is not what this legendary corps needs to move forward. Their main focus should be on creating a show that isn't horrible. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

And you know this how?

Suppose we discovered that not as many women want to be a corps director.  What then?

N.E. knows what women want.  He was played by Mel Gibson in the movie.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dans said:

Initially, I was a big fan of Denise and what she brought to the Cadets. However, I don't like the most recent announcements from the Cadets. Some of the people who were most responsible for the Cadets disaster of 2019 are being more empowered by the current Cadets management. Not a good trend for the Cadets...becoming social justice warriors is not what this legendary corps needs to move forward. Their main focus should be on creating a show that isn't horrible. 

It has nothing to do with being social justice warriors or being woke.  It has everything to do with listening to the members and alumni of the organization, and responding in a manner that is appropriate given the circumstances.  When you have alumni of the corps going on social media and detailing experiences that do not represent inclusiveness and equality, it would be a dereliction of duty if the corps administration didn't take a harder look at policies, procedures and the overall culture.

• Like 1