Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. many snide comments made about homosexual members at all levels of the activity. even once saw a name director mock the madarins as "that cute corps that makes great lo mein".a former student at a top corps questioned about his sexual orientation when he auditioned for the battery because ' we don't want any drama".

you can deny it all you want, but burying your head in the sand and saying "la la la' doesn't mean it didn't and doesn't happen...and i am citing examples as of 2 years ago

Drum corps is not perfect...nothing is. There will always be jerks in every part of life. A few jerks does not equal a systemic problem though. And by the way, my head is not buried in the sand...why do you always have to get personal!

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you can deny it all you want, but burying your head in the sand and saying "la la la' doesn't mean it didn't and doesn't happen

Can you make your point about treating people better without engaging in personal attacks?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldestoftheold said:

Seems that a bunch of Boomers and Millennials dont understand...

Can you make your point about not disrespecting people based on what group they belong to without disrespecting people based on what group they belong to?  

Edited by skevinp
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dans said:

Drum corps is not perfect...nothing is. There will always be jerks in every part of life. A few jerks does not equal a systemic problem though.

Which has been my question all along. Is what the Cadets are trying to implement deal with systemic problems or individual idiots... or both. When I worked at DoD we had yearly sexual harassment and assault training after the Tailhook scandal (male flyers sexually harassing females). IMO Tailhook was both as had individual idiots but system problem as Navy still had that “boys will be boys” attitude 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

While I think drum corps never was as truly inclusive as you think, you're absolutely right to call out class as an issue that needs to be addressed.

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I know it. You know it. Let's not play games about this.

Wow.  Twice in one day, you have claimed greater knowledge than myself regarding what I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(Speaking of jargon, I'm suprised no one has questioned my use of "BIPOC". That's a term I hadn't heard before a month ago.)

Every time I see 'BLM' I think of the Bureau of Land Management (government agency that manages federal lands, mostly in western US).  In another life I had extensive interaction with these chaps.

• Haha 2

Y'all can "do" better; Cadets 2019 drum line in the lot at Lisle, IL from one year ago.  Horrible show with a great line! This, (pause for dramatic effect), is all that matters.*  :whistle: :spitting:

*And Jay Bocook's return.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dans said:

OK...thanks for your honest thoughts. However, I don't believe that the current management at the Cadets are moving the corps in a positive direction. Becoming social warriors is not going to improve their current image. The Cadets are no longer considered an elite drum corps. After last season, I feel that the Cadets are more focused on being woke than putting a great show on the field. 

Por que no los dos?

Miguel

• Like 2