Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

38 minutes ago, dans said:

So you have the power to change human nature. Impressive!

Impossible to change human nature but smart businesses come up with policies to have bad behavior reported and penalize/remove those who do not follow the rules. It’s no different from the policies corps created when the problems with GH and Roman came to light. So I don’t see why this is such a surprise or heartburn to some people. IMO Cadets are just expanding the sexual harassment policy to other areas. 

Only other option is let the BS continue (enabling) which could kill a corps with a lawsuit or lack of recruiting. Wonder how many people decided not to go to Cadets when word of GH crap leaked out.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Impossible to change human nature but smart businesses come up with policies to have bad behavior reported and penalize/remove those who do not follow the rules. It’s no different from the policies corps created when the problems with GH and Roman came to light. So I don’t see why this is such a surprise or heartburn to some people.

If this was an anti-discrimination effort, you would be correct.

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

If this was an anti-discrimination effort, you would be correct.

I was talking of “bad behavior” in general which could kill a corps. And discrimination can include harassment. 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was talking of “bad behavior” in general which could kill a corps. And discrimination can include harassment. 

If this was about harassment prevention, or code of conduct, you would be correct.

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

If this was about harassment prevention, or code of conduct, you would be correct.

Then what do you think this is about?

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

I will give you a hint.  "Inclusion".

Well since I don’t have any contacts with Cadets I’m not going to delude myself that I know what staff is thinking. I’ll do my usual wait and see.... Maybe by then I’ll find out why being inclusive is such a nasty word to some people.....

Ok my definition of “inclusion”: making sure anyone who joins the group feels welcome and is safe. This means safe from any harassment from group leaders and OTHER MEMBERS of the group.

wow such a horrible idea.... sure glad we didn’t have this where I worked... oh wait we did....

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok my definition of “inclusion”: making sure anyone who joins the group feels welcome and is safe. This means safe from any harassment from group leaders and OTHER MEMBERS of the group.

Keep thinking of Hopkins with this. Sounds like some here think Cadets are doing something useless or wrong with looking into policy changes. But.... Hopkins targeted a certain group of people (females iow) and it was ok that Cadets did something and got rid of him.... 🤭🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari