Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

3 hours ago, dans said:

Funny you should reference garfield's response and call for DCP to be shut down. Garfield's response was not twisting any words. He was simply shining a light on the hypocrisy of another poster.

he did indeed twist words. you just like his and not mine

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jeff said “I’m less worried about...” and Garfield twisted it into “.. apparently not a concern then”.  Yes words twisted.

And I could read Jeff post as saying he doesn’t care if people are urban or liberal. What he does care about is if people are racist. But will let him clear it up if he wishes.

Yesterday I described the PA “T” and described some bad experiences I’ve had within it. Got a close look as relatives were involved. Then I was accused of saying people from there were from the “wrong” part of the state. Saying words twisted would be nice, more precise would say it was a lie.

Edit - removed my PS as may have been difference over word meaning...

that was exactly my intent Jim. But again, that doesn't fit the agenda.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Well, it's probably not fair to the others here to shut it down because you suggest so.

I intentionally have not replied to you in this thread, Jim, out of respect and recall that we had a "panty-bunching" between us earlier this year.  I didn't reply to you in the post that prompted your reply above.

You state that Jeff's post could be taken more than one way.  I can't disagree with you but, unless Jeff clarifies that he was being illustrative and not comparative in his comments, I'll leave my reply as it.  If he wants to clarify his comment then, in fact, I'd likely agree with his disdain for racism and homophobia no matter where, and in what ideology, he finds it.

In any case, your sensitivity is a primary reason I've been only reading your comments and not replying to you about them.  

clarified. i'll await your retort

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“More feisty..” my sister says now that I’m retired I’m turning into a regular grumpy old fart. 😈. She’s 9 years younger so her turn will come. 😜

turning? You were a grumpy old fart 20 years ago.

and before you yell at me, get on a chair so we can be nose to chin 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

that was exactly my intent Jim. But again, that doesn't fit the agenda.

Yep I was seeing what you posted as separate items. Others saw it as mixed together. Yesterday I posted the word “liberal” meaning more open to new ideas. But it was taken in the political sense so off to the races we went 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

turning? You were a grumpy old fart 20 years ago.

and before you yell at me, get on a chair so we can be nose to chin 😁

Yeah you DO know me so well. 😜

More like top of my head to your chin. Or am I thinking Pastor Horner (he is way tall folks)? Thinking of him as dog has groom time with his wife soon

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

My favorite cake is "Chocolate Retort,"

Because it's cake.  And it's chocolate.  And it's cake.  And it's delicious. 

Jim, how dare you make me think of cake.  It's your fault. 

I want chocolate cake

Edited by Continental

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

If we're going to move forward, we'd better learn how to do two things:

1. Face facts

2. Engage in dialog

I think #2 needs the greater emphasis.  Facing facts is easy when we can each have our own set of them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe we should just close down DCP for a while. Spent yesterday having my words and meanings twisted so I blocked to stop that BS. First thing see today is the same ####. 

This is the second time I have seen someone call for either a thread or now the entire site to be closed down. 

I't seems so hypocritical when certain points are made and an immediate shutdown is mentioned. 

• Like 2