Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's some. But not nearly as much. I know you're  a smart guy, but I live here, so I understand the make up of the geography and its inhabitants. thanks for your concern tho.

regardless of how much you and others may want to downplay this, kids today are very socially aware, and these are things that do matter to them. And also...untouched in here.....it matters to those that donate to or sponsor corps. I'm not saying corps are doing this solely for $$$, but it has to play somewhat of a part too.

2/3 weeks ago, an instructor of a band that I know down in the DelMarVa peninsula went on a racist rant on Facebook. lstunning even to those of us that knew him. His students saw it, took it to the school administration, and well, now that school is looking for a new percussion caption head. They call it Slower Lower for nothing

I did not see how anyone twisted your words previously. 

Just being curious what was the racist rant? As of this past weekend I found out that flying the American flag and celebrating the 4th of July is a racist rant. 

Yeah I donate as an alumni to the corps. I'm from the deep south so I guess we are all conservative racist homophobes by the posts here. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, skevinp said:

As someone who has been the victim of hurtful generalizations throughout my life, and as I’m sure the perpetrators would have often claimed to just be speaking the ugly truth, I’m not sure how generalizations would ever be a step towards improving anything.  

You have pretty much described a lot of people's lives...pretty much close to everyone. 

Edited by Continental

5 hours ago, Continental said:

My favorite cake is "Chocolate Retort,"

Because it's cake.  And it's chocolate.  And it's cake.  And it's delicious. 

I prefer Cherry. 

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah you DO know me so well. 😜

More like top of my head to your chin. Or am I thinking Pastor Horner (he is way tall folks)? Thinking of him as dog has groom time with his wife soon

we'll find out Saturday night! Brock will finally get people to a Saturday night service!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, E3D said:

This is the second time I have seen someone call for either a thread or now the entire site to be closed down. 

I't seems so hypocritical when certain points are made and an immediate shutdown is mentioned. 

it's gotta be really bad for me to advocate a shutdown.....and usually thats only on the Facebook page version of DCP. it gets ugly there

3 hours ago, garfield said:

The context of the discussion you replied to was national geographies and how someone from one part of the country might not feel included in the local beliefs of a drum corps' homebase.  You made no specification that you were talking only of your local area.  I would not be so presumptuous to challenge you view of local issues and I'd be just as quick to push back if you did the same to me.  That's not what I was doing.

I have teenage kids, Jeff!  Please don't lecture about some fictional notion you have about me (and apparently others) downplaying anything.  You have no evidence.

And I AM one of those donors!  I give thousands each year and I'm very specific and critical of those I give to; I vote with my wallet and my feet.  I abhor virtue-signalling in all of its examples and there are racists and homophobes in all areas of the country and all realms of ideology.

i lecture those that mistakenly lecture me. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Please stop, Jim.  I didn't twist his words - I took them EXACTLY how Jeff wrote them.

Perhaps as much care and concern can be given to the words being written as there seems to be about "word-twisting".

No actually you didn't. Not that you'll admit it, but you were wrong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Have they ever posted the 2017 and 2018 journals? I read the 2016 one when it dropped, but never saw the other two that she mentioned.

I think she has. I'll be honest, i'm not sure where anymore. i know the 16 one was stunning.....confirmed way too much about things many of us said on here and got trashed for not buying the company line ( tho to a point clash of the corps confirmed)

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

we'll find out Saturday night! Brock will finally get people to a Saturday night service!!

Thank you I haven’t been keeping up since online service moved to earlier time. And I’ve been too lazy to watch later. 

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I was born, raised, & currently live in the South.  And I know first hand that I live with a handful of idiots & some are even family members.  Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  Idiots are not limited to the Southern geographical region.  Enjoy this interview from the West Virginia area: 

anything below the Manson Nixon line is the South to a lot of people LOL

• Haha 1