Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

anything below the Manson Nixon line is the South to a lot of people LOL

I have traveled a lot in the South and was always awe struck at the friendliness of people. 

Complete strangers say hello to you as you pass them in the street.  That does not happen where I am. 

Some of my favorite moments were with a client in Atlanta (I love Atlanta!) - where the reply to "thank you" is often "Hmm Hmm."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Continental said:

I have traveled a lot in the South and was always awe struck at the friendliness of people. 

Complete strangers say hello to you as you pass them in the street.  That does not happen where I am. 

Some of my favorite moments were with a client in Atlanta (I love Atlanta!) - where the reply to "thank you" is often "Hmm Hmm."

14 minutes ago, Continental said:

friendly indeed. i always loved hearing " you a yankee?" when i didnt have a similar accent

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

friendly indeed. i always loved hearing " you a yankee?" when i didnt have a similar accent

As a Canadian, I have never once heard that.  As I grew up next to a major American city (Detroit), my accent has often been cited as "American" even by locals where I am.   This is interesting because the influence would have been from Michigan which is not like the accent in the South (people in Michigan play "hackey?").

I have always been treated well.  Of all the American clients I have worked with, my experience with those from the South has been very positive.  In fact, my experience with American clients in general has been pretty much positive.

Regional differences are noted, but there was plenty of kindness. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Regional differences are noted, but there was plenty of kindness. 

I have been just about everywhere in the USofA (cue Johnny Cash); my experience tells me that there are kind, open-minded, polite people everywhere. 

And there are idiots & jerks everywhere as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Are you sure they didn't mean "yellow-belly yankee"?  :spitting:

nope...always polite about it, usually with a chuckle. plus i had a shirt on so they have no color what my belly looked like ( hint....too #### big)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, skevinp said:

When in Florida, the Marlins CEO is always asked the same thing.  

and he says " I was"

On 7/9/2020 at 11:45 AM, keystone3ply said:

Are you sure they didn't mean "yellow-belly yankee"?  :spitting:

I was in Atlanta for a business meeting way back in the late 80's. In a bar/restaurant outside of the city I was having dinner and playing shuffleboard. One woman sitting at the bar overheard me talking, turned to her friend and said "Oh, a d**** Yankee" and went back to her drink.   😀

• Haha 3