Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I feel like the word racist is being thrown around an awful lot 

what was specifically said that was “racist”? 

it's touchy. but given his past misdeed, he got far more chances than he should have

Got confused reading last few posts. Let’s clarify that Crossmen/Morrison and Mandarins/Marching Apparel are two separate instances. When I replied to George I was referring to Mandarins/MA.

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Got confused reading last few posts. Let’s clarify that Crossmen/Morrison and Mandarins/Marching Apparel are two separate instances. When I replied to George I was referring to Mandarins/MA.

Ah, sorry to have misunderstood you. At face value, the two statements you quote from the Marching Apparel guy sure do look racist to me.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Ah, sorry to have misunderstood you. At face value, the two statements you quote from the Marching Apparel guy sure do look racist to me.

Yeah more I read the more they looked alike. Just clearing things up

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

from having watched things unfold on social media, in addition to the comments, he had a scorched earth policy even old school YEA would have been shocked by

20 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Only saw pieces from a screen shot but that had: “BLM is a racist organization out to destroy America, are you woke yet” and “BLM can go to hell”. This is from the CEO.

update: apparently Genesis also dropped MA...

WGAZ and AzMBA dropped MA as well. WGAZ is being more diplomatic and seeking bids through a RFP but mentioned they will select a company that aligns with their values and mission.  MA is based out of Arizona so they had a corner in the market for awhile in the area.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:43 AM, Jeff Ream said:

from having watched things unfold on social media, in addition to the comments, he had a scorched earth policy even old school YEA would have been shocked by

Sounds like given his role his post were inflammatory and inappropriate at best 

On 7/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jeff Ream said:

it's touchy. but given his past misdeed, he got far more chances than he should have

I’m not aware of all that history, just have to assume there was undoubtedly more context

I’m not much for “cancel culture” in general 

a lot of that going on these days 

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'll just post this link and let people decide for themselves:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

passive aggressive much? - if you disagree just say so and why

BOTH founders are Marxist -it is not some rumor

here are their names if you would like to google their vile rantings:

Patrisse Cullors

Alicia Garza

Cullors was a protege of Eric Mann , agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.

While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology.

bottonline is people need to research an organization which has a great sounding name and whose goals are much different

it honestly scares me how ill informed many Americans are regarding this topic and how free speech is being shut down

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And then specifically about the organization: "Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized movement in the United States advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African-American people. 

Guess some of the members didn't get the memo.

• Haha 1