Cadets Establish Equality And Inclusion Committee

Since there have been changes regarding Cadets and YEA, are Cadets registered (if that’s the word) in PA? For you non-residents sexual orientation is not a protected group in PA. You can get married in PA but you can also be legally fired for being gay. And yes it has happened and the state Supreme Court upheld it. Haven’t heard of anyone being refused service, etc for being gay but that is probably allowed also. Just thinking how this might affect Cadets working on a policy. 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Since there have been changes regarding Cadets and YEA, are Cadets registered (if that’s the word) in PA? For you non-residents sexual orientation is not a protected group in PA. You can get married in PA but you can also be legally fired for being gay. And yes it has happened and the state Supreme Court upheld it. Haven’t heard of anyone being refused service, etc for being gay but that is probably allowed also. Just thinking how this might affect Cadets working on a policy. 

When will PA enter the 21st century?

17 minutes ago, Continental said:

When the “T” in the state gets there... not in my lifetime I’m afraid. Pennsylvania T means Pittsburgh and Philly at bottom corners are urban and more liberal. Then with some exceptions the middle and top (T shape) are rural and “you ain’t from around here are ya”. (And used to go to family reunion halfway between Williamsport and NY state line In the T and had to watch what I said 😒. Don’t think some of them had even seen a minority in person)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

23 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Y'all can "do" better; Cadets 2019 drum line in the lot at Lisle, IL from one year ago.  Horrible show with a great line! This, (pause for dramatic effect), is all that matters.*  :whistle: :spitting:

*And Jay Bocook's return.

Back left snare was one of my former students in the marching band I arranged for and taught! Great person and marvelous drumming skills.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dans said:

So you have the power to change human nature. Impressive!

power? no. want to be part of a solution? Sure, why not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I will give you a hint.  "Inclusion".

and that's bad?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Continental said:

sadly about the 23rd century. Philly and Pittsburgh with Arkansas in the middle

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You might want to brush up on your reading.  

• Like 2