Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

18 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

But it is never "safe".  There is always some risk.

Never thought I would be the one writing one of these (and especially to you, the last person who would need a reminder).  But this is why you hear people make those comparisons to the flu.  Flu kills people too, it is spread much more effectively by children, and yet we make no effort to maintain social distancing, wear masks, check temperatures daily, perform regular testing for infection with or without symptoms, decrease class density, install barriers, mandate disinfectant deep cleaning, or replace classroom learning entirely with an online curriculum on its account.

School reopening will include massive precautions of the nature I just described above.  It may well be safer than staying home.

Agree that the delay in communicating planned precautions is ridiculous and frustrating.  Not like there has not been any time... 

Not trying to argue and agree with lot of your points. Big unknown is the lack of info on reopening procedures. And PA is known for making big announcements and then realizing details were lacking. Happened twice so far with cv. Even to point of “non essential businesses will close”... “what’s non essential?”.... “uhhhhh”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

58 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not trying to argue and agree with lot of your points. Big unknown is the lack of info on reopening procedures. And PA is known for making big announcements and then realizing details were lacking. Happened twice so far with cv. Even to point of “non essential businesses will close”... “what’s non essential?”.... “uhhhhh”

Lets also realize that info given by the government is so all over the place. What and who do you believe. A friend who is a leading ID doctor in a state who claimed to be the beacon of light on how to handle this now only to be leading in cases said over a month ago DO NOT believe what you are being told . Well here we are what was said over a month ago now the Gov. is trying to justify their actions. 

25 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Lets also realize that info given by the government is so all over the place...... Well here we are what was said over a month ago now the Gov. is trying to justify their actions. 

And next thing is... mixed signals are not helping schools or drum corps .... schools need clear directives from the powers that be...

Edit: trying to shy from political end as per JLs request

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I hope we can continue to discuss this topic without becoming too political. Let’s make keeping this thread open a goal of ours.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Nevermind
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And next thing is... mixed signals are not helping schools or drum corps .... schools need clear directives from the powers that be...

Edit: trying to shy from political end as per JLs request

Now thats funny Jim...lol...actually pretty sad, but youre right

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I hope we can continue to discuss this topic without becoming too political. Let’s make keeping this thread open a goal of ours.

Agree But it's a fine line being we are taking directives etc etc from a certain place

We are affected by the real world but I know here how  that becomes something different and can be out of control. A sign of the times

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Now thats funny Jim...lol...actually pretty sad, but youre right

Which part? Or did you see what I had originally 😈

11 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

clear directives

Keep thinking of when PA closed non essential businesses. IIRC Friday afternoon and no definition of essential. Called local restaurant soon as I heard for one last take out and owner answered. Guy is Greek immigrant and wants to do what is right. So I hear “No No... guv’ner closing us, so we close...”. Hear a bunch of commotion in the background and realizing he is closing NOW. He could have waited until end of day but not sure why he didn’t. Took about 2 weeks for what businesses were essential and what procedures they needed to go thru to reopen. Hope the state learned from that for schools 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1