Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

14 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Another concern with a vaccine are side effects which will only show up over time.

From what I've read,a lot of people are not willing to jump right in and take a new vaccine.

Of course ,this assumes there will be an effective vaccine.

That's not a given,despite all the research being done.

We're still waiting for one for AIDS.

I would think that an effective treatment for people who do get infected and show

symptoms will ease a lot of fears.

That being said,I do think it will be a long time,if ever,when schools and similar places are

willing to open up their facilities to outside activities like drum corps.

I also think that,if there is no tour on any kind in 2021,that will be very hard to come back from.

Edited by rpbobcat

14 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I'm sure these conversations have already started happening. Based on a few conversations with friends in the activity, until we know when a vaccine is going to be available and how its going to be dispersed, and its effectiveness, there is no meaningful way to plan a season at this point. Most facilities are not in a position to sign contracts for events, and housing sites would be a huge question mark. Some bus companies will probably go out of business, leaving transportation questions.  Even things like food preparation come into question. And how effective is the vaccine once its dispersed? Do people need to be innoculated every three months?

Since I no longer march and in that over 60 🤮 demographic, always think about how much of the crowd will return right away... or at all.... DCI/DCA needs to get more heavily involved with webcasts as the time comes. DCI their own setup or better deal with Flo. DCA get their head out of you know where and get past only one regular season show and Labor Day weekend

Edited by JimF-LowBari

29 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The flu's mortality rate is % 0.4. Covid-19's mortality rate is % 4.2. There is no way you can honestly compare the two. 

But that is what you just did.  (Comparing and finding them different is still... comparing.)

We also have a vaccine for the flu. 

We have lots of vaccines for the flu... because we have never had one that is fully protective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

We have lots of vaccines for the flu... because we have never had one that is fully protective.

Kicker with flu shots is govt guesses which strain will show up and mass produces that strains vaccine. If a different strain crops up or your area gets a different strain.... still hoping scientists are right and cv doesn’t mutate to different strain...

38 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

While kids might not be in the high risk category, their friends and loved ones are, and they can be carriers. The medical experts agree that sending kids back to school before we have a vaccine can cause a super spreader event. 

Last I heard (i.e. Friday), Dr. Anthony Fauci said "we should try to get the schools open".  He did not advocate waiting until there is a vaccine.

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What?

Yeah I was thinking "WHAT" also. So the state cancelled themselves? Is this part of the whole cancel culture thing but on a state level where they are going to cancel themselves and be known forever more as a sunrise state next to California? 

59 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The flu's mortality rate is % 0.4. Covid-19's mortality rate is % 4.2. There is no way you can honestly compare the two. We also have a vaccine for the flu. 

yeah thanks for the really real percentage and comparison. :sarcasm::master:

5 minutes ago, E3D said:

yeah thanks for the really real percentage and comparison. :sarcasm::master:

If you die of it what the #### difference does the percentage mean.... sick of this frigging word and number games with peoples lives

• Thanks 5