Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

###### ###### just got tank of gas at Sheetz and in line hear noise behind me. Young moron working for traffic signal crew right up my ### and no mask. Got the proverbial “yeah I’m cool” look and backwards cap. No mask and too self centered to social distance. And his buddy same way right behind him. I jumped out of line and just stared. They were too absorbed in themselves to even notice. 
That was after my count the maskless idiots at BestBuys service desk. 
Anyone want to guess why it’s taking so #### long to go back to normal...

rant off....

for all the good it will do (HA) sent nasty gram to the company....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Flu cases are more thoroughly reported because there are no asymptomatic flu cases.  When you get the flu, you know you are sick.

It took me all of one second to Google "asymptomatic flu," and the first result is this 2009 paper, which says: "One in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646474/

And plenty of other results that contradict your very curious claim.

2 hours ago, Continental said:

It's so easy to make comments based on things people have never been exposed to.  So easy.  

What the hell would YOU know about what I have been exposed to?

7 hours ago, Continental said:

I don't know what other people are experiencing

You should have stopped there.

5 hours ago, Continental said:

Do you personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.  Do you know anyone who has died from this?

Yes, on both counts.  But those are personal experiences I prefer not to post about publicly. 

You think I have not witnessed the awful struggle of ARDS, just because I choose not to discuss it here?  Looks like you drew a similar conclusion about another poster based on your brief interrogation here, and declared all his opinions biased on that account.  What makes you think you can presume all that about a fellow DCP poster, as anonymous as you?

5 hours ago, Continental said:

But I am really just tired of the analogy and the consistent questioning of statistics.

I am tired of people using fear and "death" to try and drown out discussion (another reason I keep repeating "do not panic").

And I am tired of the broad-brushing.  Presuming what any of the rest of us have/have not experienced, based on a few message board posts.  Presuming bias.  Inferring we do not care if anyone dies.  Your posts went to the darkest place I have ever seen on this board.  The ignore button beckons, but it offers little actual solace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

It took me all of one second to Google "asymptomatic flu," and the first result is this 2009 paper, which says: "One in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646474/

And plenty of other results that contradict your very curious claim.

I know I have had seasonal flu in the past and never went to the doctor, because I knew it was the flu. I would go to the pharmacy and buy some Theraflu, but not report I had it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

I am tired of people using fear and "death" to try and drown out discussion (another reason I keep repeating "do not panic").

For the 3rd or 4th time: who is panicking here?

And for the first time: what do you consider panicking?

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I know I have had seasonal flu in the past and never went to the doctor, because I knew it was the flu. I would go to the pharmacy and buy some Theraflu, but not report I had it.

Right. You had symptoms. You knew you had the flu. But according to that study, more than 30% of people who have the flu don't have symptoms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

What the hell would YOU know about what I have been exposed to?

You should have stopped there.

Yes, on both counts.  But those are personal experiences I prefer not to post about publicly. 

You think I have not witnessed the awful struggle of ARDS, just because I choose not to discuss it here?  Looks like you drew a similar conclusion about another poster based on your brief interrogation here, and declared all his opinions biased on that account.  What makes you think you can presume all that about a fellow DCP poster, as anonymous as you?

And I am tired of the broad-brushing.  Presuming what any of the rest of us have/have not experienced, based on a few message board posts.  Presuming bias.  Inferring we do not care if anyone dies.  Your posts went to the darkest place I have ever seen on this board.  The ignore button beckons, but it offers little actual solace.

Right on cue.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Right. You had symptoms. You knew you had the flu. But according to that study, more than 30% of people who have the flu don't have symptoms.

I totally believe it.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

For the 3rd or 4th time: who is panicking here?

And for the first time: what do you consider panicking?

You know, I feel like some of us were saying back in March: "If we don't take drastic measures, a lot of people are going to die." And one frequent response was: "Don't panic. Lots more people die of the flu every year than will die from this coronavirus." And now we know that was not true.

• Like 1