Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4873718/ (surgical Mask not cloth)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28039289/(The study indicates a potential benefit of medical masks for source control, but is limited by small sample size and low secondary attack rates. Larger trials are needed to confirm efficacy of medical masks as source control.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191114/ (suggest using a mask but is not an actual efficacy study ,,, but it does mention a cloth mask) (I agree with the assumptions made though with this sentence "reduces the risk for resurgence during relaxation of social distancing measures." 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2 (surgical masks not cloth)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2 (N95 not cloth and it was more about the FIT) 

No one has done an actual efficacy study on simple cloth masks. You should have know that already, considering the google skills. 

Saw a friends pictures posted from a current vacation "the sky was all purple and there were people with no masks on--- running everywhere,,, YOU KNOW I DIDN'T EVEN CARE". I have no care if someone wants to not wear a mask, I will give them a wide berth and move on. I am not out in groups large enough to worry about it. The justice league hall monitoring types on the other hand do have problems with it. But from where I sit the problems appear to be selective. 

Just now, E3D said:

Saw a friends pictures posted from a current vacation "the sky was all purple and there were people with no masks on--- running everywhere,,, YOU KNOW I DIDN'T EVEN CARE". I have no care if someone wants to not wear a mask, I will give them a wide berth and move on. I am not out in groups large enough to worry about it. The justice league hall monitoring types on the other hand do have problems with it. But from where I sit the problems appear to be selective.

"I am not out in groups large enough to worry about it". Fine. If it's just you, the only person in America not wearing a mask, I agree that won't make any difference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

Fine if you don’t care and not around me then I don’t care. For very personal reasons I do care and sounds like you are the one judging people like me who wear and care

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Jim...if you need to wear a mask then I totally support that.  I don't know you or your personal health considerations (nor is it my business). That said the is not a "one size fits all" solution here.  if masks truly worked to the extent some would try to purport then why (for one example) are states releasing criminals?  Should they not be given masks to wear instead?

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"I am not out in groups large enough to worry about it". Fine. If it's just you, the only person in America not wearing a mask, I agree that won't make any difference.

I do wear a mask. When I made the statement "I'm not out in groups large enough to worry about it" means I am wearing a mask and if a group of people were around that didn't then I would move on. 

1 hour ago, scout9193 said:

Jim...if you need to wear a mask then I totally support that.  I don't know you or your personal health considerations (nor is it my business). That said the is not a "one size fits all" solution here.  if masks truly worked to the extent some would try to purport then why (for one example) are states releasing criminals?  Should they not be given masks to wear instead?

Just to be clear I don’t think masks are the one and only solution. But if it reduces the risk they should be worn in areas that have been determined high risk. Just tired of people saying it is their right not to wear and never say a word about right of others to have a better chance at health. Always had a problem with selfish people and this is the height of selfishness to me. 
Also my state has mandate to wear masks in a business and just see too many not wearing. Breaking point this week was paying for gas (6 foot distancing decals on the floor) and 2 ying yangs foot or so right behind me with no masks and totally oblivious to everything. I jumped out of line and they never even noticed.

edit: just saw interview that said schools need to be reopened and politicians should enforce that. But nothing said of what people responsibilities are to get them open. It’s like everyone else should do something..... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm a bit of a history buff.

When they were drafting the Constitution,one of the biggest concerns states had was a too powerful Federal Government taking away states' rights.

Under the Constitution, the Federal Government's powers over states  are actually quite limited.

They've "stretched" their powers over the years, but its still limited.

When this thing first started, there were calls for the President to impose a national lock down.

It was pointed out that,under the Constitution, he can't. It's up to each state.

Same with states reopening or requiring masks.

We just had this discussion a few days ago, remember?

1. Presidents have exceeded their powers in national emergencies before, and they mostly get forgiven after the fact.

2. Even setting that aside, there are plenty of entirely constitutional actions that presidents can take. For example, a president could invoke the Defense Production Act to order companies to produce things like masks or respirators or needles (we're going to need a whole bunch of that last item next year if there's a vaccine) instead of the products they usually make. (The companies do get paid for doing this, of course.) And once the public knows the president is requiring companies to make masks, then they would probably take masks more seriously. That's just one of many powers a president has in a situation like this.

3. But even setting that aside, a president has enormous powers of influence. Teddy Roosevelt referred to the presidency as the "bully pulpit" for that reason. If a president were to say: "This situation is dire and one of the biggest challenges this nation has faced, so I want all the states to impose a six-week lockdown, and I want states to require everyone to wear a mask in public, and I want Congress to pass an enormous relief package to support people and companies during that period," it would happen.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Fine if you don’t care and not around me then I don’t care. For very personal reasons I do care and sounds like you are the one judging people like me who wear and care

If I was around you I would have a mask on. I have made that clear on here many times. I wear a mask, but I don't have selective outrage at folks who don't. 

I'm not sure but it does seem like your posts about another site made you angry. I will not reply to your post anymore. 

22 minutes ago, E3D said:

If I was around you I would have a mask on. I have made that clear on here many times. I wear a mask, but I don't have selective outrage at folks who don't. 

I'm not sure but it does seem like your posts about another site made you angry. I will not reply to your post anymore. 

I know you wear a mask and I appreciate it. And like I posted above the breaking point was paying for gas with clueless 1 and clueless 2 just about literally breathing down my neck.

All I could think of is the people I know with bad immune systems. If I catch and pass anything it could be death by idiocy 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2