Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And know some people (not here) who would flip when I would tell them tv/cable is driven by ratings, including the news channels. IMO that’s why the talking heads who rant the worst are on prime ($$$$) time.

Unfortunately that would include a small group here as well. 

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

I used to be so afraid to swear on DCP I just typed the pound signs.

at times i have done that too, but now #### it i don't give a #### if i am perceived as a  ####### ########

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok.... show of hands....  who is panicking???

the only thing that has me panicking is the amoiunt of people acting like they have medical degrees or work in healthcare outside of billing offices.

can i get a show of hands from those here throwing out stats, conjecture, expertise etc that actually have hands on experience in dealing with this?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Jim,

I’m not panicking for personal medical concerns, frankly, even though I am elderly. I am panicking over the long-term negative effects to our nation over various damages caused in business, personal finances, government, and leisure activities. The generations that followed mine will live with this event for many more years than I will. That’s sad.

i also panicked over the long term health issues for those that survived, because that could negatively affect all you mentioned.

we had a chance at the beginning to address this in a way that took health and economy into account, and not destroy both. our government blew it. so now, no matter what is or isnt done, both are going to suffer. sad is that only one or the other seems to be peoples concerns instead of all of the above

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the only thing that has me panicking is the amunt of people acting like they have meidcal degrees or work in healthcare outside of billing offices.

can i get a show of hands from those here throwing out stats, conjecture, expertise etc that actually have hands on experience in dealing with this?

That's an interesting comment.

We live in an age where information is at our fingertips.  Yet with all that information we have as yet to have an understanding about how to process that information.  Some will take it blindly.  Some will deny it blindly.  Others just might not be offended by this information and do additional investigation to find other sources to back up the claims or disprove them. 

The later part is lacking.  Severely.  People want information handed to them.  Then there are those that want it handed to them to give them the ability to say something contrary.  

So many choose to criticize the source.  Yet they do nothing to inform themselves.

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

That's an interesting comment.

We live in an age where information is at our fingertips.  Yet with all that information we have as yet to have an understanding about how to process that information.  Some will take it blindly.  Some will deny it blindly.  Others just might not be offended by this information and do additional investigation to find other sources to back up the claims or disprove them. 

The later part is lacking.  Severely.  People want information handed to them.  Then there are those that want it handed to them to give them the ability to say something contrary.  

So many choose to criticize the source.  Yet they do nothing to inform themselves.

And with something new and still being studied, information and recommendations can change which freaks some people out. Some just can’t get the idea that we don’t know everything there is to know... NOW! ( or when this started months ago)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And with something new and still being studied, information and recommendations can change which freaks some people out. Some just can’t get the idea that we don’t know everything there is to know... NOW! ( or when this started months ago)

It is much easier to criticize than to actually investigate.  This is a symptom of the current education system.  

A certain member of this forum is consistently criticized for posting things.  All.the.time.

He posts actual media information.  He posts media charts.  He posts the latest news.  We all know who he is. 

He is then consistently bashed and accused of trying to be a medical expert.  How dare he actually read and try to understand. 

He's not making it up, he just posts it.  To be honest, he sounds like a really interesting person. 

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 3