Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

10 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Not sure what the heck point you are making???

It's horrible for those who have to live with the full effects of Covid-19 - hopefully they survive.  Medical experts are still trying to fully understand the after effects of exposure.   I know people who have died, those who have had it and survived and others who are inconvenienced for other medical emergencies because hospitals are overwhelmed with having to deal with this and put other important procedures on hold.  

God forbid you have to have this come close to you.  I know you are taking precautions, but the statistical analysis vs. the human suffering and sadness is exhausting. 

I'm not saying you don't take this seriously.  I also do not wish you or your loved ones to have to get close to this. 

But I am really just tired of the analogy and the consistent questioning of statistics.  Read international news to get a better picture. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Continental said:

Do you personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.  Do you know anyone who has died from this?

My church just went back to online services only.  We've had at least 9 members that have tested positive.  We're experiencing large numbers of positive cases in our local nursing homes of both staff & residents.  Being an educator, I do understand how some folks on this thread have trouble understanding the numbers & methodology of science as it pertains to the health field.  (Previous statement not directed at you.)

Right now, I doubt our school system will be able to open as normal in 3 weeks.  Probably delayed or online for a period of time. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Just now, Continental said:

It's horrible for those who have to live with the full effects of Covid-19 - hopefully they survive.  Medical experts are still trying to fully understand the after effects of exposure.   I know people who have died, those who have had it and survived and others who are inconvenienced for other medical emergencies because hospitals are overwhelmed with having to deal with this and put other important procedures on hold.  

God forbid you have to have this come close to you.  I know you are taking precautions, but the statistical analysis vs. the human suffering and sadness is exhausting. 

Understanding is not the enemy.  And not wanting people to think the risks are 10 times higher than they may really be is hardly poring over trivial details.  People who believe that could refrain from seeing a doctor about something else that is or could become life-threatening, and could die as a result.  People need to understand the risks in order to balance them.  

I’m getting a little tired of the suggestion that those of us who seek actual understanding are somehow not compassionate.  

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

Understanding is not the enemy.  And not wanting people to think the risks are 10 times higher than they may really be is hardly poring over trivial details.  People who believe that could refrain from seeing a doctor about something else that is or could become life-threatening, and could die as a result.  People need to understand the risks in order to balance them.  

I’m getting a little tired of the suggestion that those of us who seek actual understanding are somehow not compassionate.  

You fight statistics.  Again, please look at international news if you want the full picture.   It's much less biased than the news so many don't trust. 

12 minutes ago, Continental said:

You fight statistics.  Again, please look at international news if you want the full picture.   It's much less biased than the news so many don't trust. 

Trying to stay out of the percentages see saw and this is safest post to make my point.....

Some say CV worst case percentages are actually lower because not all CV cases are reported. Same can be said for regular flu so keep that in mind if trying to make assumptions...

edit: IOW if you want to make comparisons make sure you use the same criteria for CV and other flu

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Trying to stay out of the percentages see saw and this is safest post to make my point.....

Some say CV percentages are actually lower because not all CV cases are reported. Same can be said for regular flu so keep that in mind if trying to make assumptions on percentages 

Read international news for objective reports on what other areas of the world have been going through. 

Objective as in those who consistently denounce US media reports as to what is actually happening.   Which happens so often, even here on DCP. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

Read international news for objective reports on what other areas of the world have been going through. 

Objective as in those how consistently denounce US media reports as to what is actually happening.   Which happens so often, even here on DCP. 

I read DW (Deutsche Welle) and France 24.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1