Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

Read international news for objective reports on what other areas of the world have been going through. 

And when following US news reports, make sure you get info from all viewpoints (aka both sides and the middle)

31 minutes ago, Continental said:

It is with a biased slant. 

Death knows no bias. 

What the hell bias are you accusing me of?  If people were saying the risk was 10 times lower than it may really be, I would be clarifying that just as well.  

My only bias is for people to use their brains and make sound decisions about this important matter.

Anyone who thinks that the percentage of deaths per reported case is the same as the percentage of deaths per people infected would have to believe that every single person with Covid, including the large number who are asymptomatic, has been tested.  This not only belies common sense in the extreme, but it may endanger people by causing them not to understand how very many carriers are out there.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What the hell bias are you accusing me of?  If people were saying the risk was 10 times lower than it may really be, I would be clarifying that just as well.  

My only bias is for people to use their brains and make sound decisions about this important matter.

Anyone who thinks that the percentage of deaths per reported case is the same as the percentage of deaths per people infected would have to believe that every single person with Covid, including the large number who are asymptomatic, has been tested.  This not only belies common sense in the extreme, but it may endanger people by causing them not to understand how very many carriers are out there.

And with that response, you haven't had this come close to you.

11 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What middle?

Local news..... when your area has multiple stations they can’t afford to goo too far out and lose viewers

main job is to inform what is going on in the area without hysterics. They lose sight of that they lose their butt. Best example during Three Mile Island (local for me but I was at college). National news got so bad people were asking me what the local news said for calm info.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

42 minutes ago, Continental said:

Have you ever experienced CBT training?

Had to research your question.  Not for me.

What are the disadvantages of CBT?
Some of the disadvantages of CBT to consider include:
  • you need to commit yourself to the process to get the most from it – a therapist can help and advise you, but they need your co-operation.
  • attending regular CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work between sessions can take up a lot of your time.

Why is CBT bad?
Your therapist may lack skill, experience, and education about effective cognitive behavioral techniques. One reason why CBT may get a bad rap in some cases is because of the overabundance of "therapists" who claim that they do this type of therapy so that insurance will pay them.

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Had to research your question.  Not for me.

What are the disadvantages of CBT?
Some of the disadvantages of CBT to consider include:
  • you need to commit yourself to the process to get the most from it – a therapist can help and advise you, but they need your co-operation.
  • attending regular CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work between sessions can take up a lot of your time.

Why is CBT bad?
Your therapist may lack skill, experience, and education about effective cognitive behavioral techniques. One reason why CBT may get a bad rap in some cases is because of the overabundance of "therapists" who claim that they do this type of therapy so that insurance will pay them.

I think north of the border it stands for computer based training....

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I agree, although the range seems to be 0.5%-1.0%. That's five to ten times deadlier than the flu, but not nearly as deadly as the CDC currently shows, because the number of people infected is significantly larger than our testing indicates. If we were testing more people, we'd identify more cases, and the fatality rate would be lower.

Now that we all seem to agree that more information would help us make better decisions, and that more testing is a key part of that information, here's something I think is notable: there have been a number of people (even some on this forum, as I recall, albeit mostly back in March) arguing that we don't need more testing, and sometimes going so far as to say there has been too much testing. I don't think anyone here would now say that, but if someone at this forum does still believe it, I dearly would like to know the reasons.

• Like 1