Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I think north of the border it stands for computer based training....

And I think North of the border might do a better job at virtual learning for their grade school children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Trying to stay out of the percentages see saw and this is safest post to make my point.....

Some say CV worst case percentages are actually lower because not all CV cases are reported. Same can be said for regular flu so keep that in mind if trying to make assumptions...

edit: IOW if you want to make comparisons make sure you use the same criteria for CV and other flu

But the criteria are not the same.

1.  As the science has been pointing out from the beginning, a great number of C-19 cases are asymptomatic.  You can get C-19, yet have no idea you caught anything.  Flu cases are more thoroughly reported because there are no asymptomatic flu cases.  When you get the flu, you know you are sick.

2.  Right now, we are operating in a pandemic with all kinds of shutdowns, social distancing, and deferral of routine/diagnostic doctor visits, not to mention shortages and delays in testing capacity.  A lot of sick people are simply staying home and toughing it out.  That behavior creates a much larger disparity between actual cases and reported cases.  Baseline flu statistics were developed during peacetime, when people could go to the doctor whenever they so chose.  There has been no peacetime during which to gather comparable statistics on C-19.

There are risks and uncertainties involved in all our options going forward.  The best we can do is to refrain from panic, and weigh these factors as honestly and thoroughly as we can.

Edited by cixelsyd
#### keyboard

24 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

But the criteria are not the same.

1.  As the science has been pointing out from the beginning, a great number of C-19 cases are asymptomatic.  You can get C-19, yet have no idea you caught anything.  Flu cases are more thoroughly reported because there are no asymptomatic flu cases.  When you get the flu, you know you are sick.

2.  Right now, we are operating in a pandemic with all kinds of shutdowns, social distancing, and deferral of routine/diagnostic doctor visits, not to mention shortages and delays in testing capacity.  A lot of sick people are simply staying home and toughing it out.  That behavior creates a much larger disparity between actual cases and reported cases.  Baseline flu statistics were developed during peacetime, when people could go to the doctor whenever they so chose.  There has been no peacetime during which to gather comparable statistics on C-19.

There are risks and uncertainties involved in all our options going forward.  The best we can do is to refrain from panic, and weigh these factors as honestly and thoroughly as we can.

And lot of people when they get the flu know they are sick but stay home and rough it out. Those cases aren’t counted either which was my point. 

And who is panicking?

edit: wonder if calling the doctors office and getting told “yeah you have what’s going around. Stay home, rest up and stay hydrated. If it gets worse call back” is counted.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Continental said:

You fight statistics.  Again, please look at international news if you want the full picture.   It's much less biased than the news so many don't trust. 

international news as in other countries have sent their children back to school? 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Which, in some cases is a waste of time or not taking place at all.

They were told that they did not have to keep up with online attendance here where I am at. They did it anyway because they wanted to have an idea of who were the at risk students and what they might be able to do in order to assist. Only 43% of the students were online and even less were completing assignments. 

1 hour ago, Continental said:

And with that response, you haven't had this come close to you.

Something you do not know for certain and it would probably be nice not to keep going there. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Continental said:

I don't know what other people are experiencing

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Do you personally know anyone who has had Covid-19.  Do you know anyone who has died from this?

It's horrible for those who have to live with the full effects of Covid-19 - hopefully they survive.  Medical experts are still trying to fully understand the after effects of exposure.   I know people who have died, those who have had it and survived and others who are inconvenienced for other medical emergencies because hospitals are overwhelmed with having to deal with this and put other important procedures on hold.  

God forbid you have to have this come close to you.  I know you are taking precautions, but the statistical analysis vs. the human suffering and sadness is exhausting. 

I'm not saying you don't take this seriously.  I also do not wish you or your loved ones to have to get close to this. 

But I am really just tired of the analogy and the consistent questioning of statistics.  

It is with a biased slant. 

Death knows no bias. 

1 hour ago, Continental said:

And with that response, you haven't had this come close to you.

Please, take a second look at where your posts just went... take a deep breath... and consider some editing/retraction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Please, take a second look at where your posts just went... take a deep breath... and consider some editing/retraction.

I'm sorry it doesn't meet your objective. 

I hope you and your loved ones are not affected by what is going on either.

It's so easy so apply cute little emojis against a post. 

However, it doesn't help those who have been affected by what is going on. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1