Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

19 minutes ago, E3D said:

Only 43% of the students were online and even less were completing assignments. 

If true, even more reason to find a way to open up the schools.  A charter school near us has already set up some classroom trailers, with A/C, to be ready for the August start up.  It's already 100 degrees here.

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Please, take a second look at where your posts just went... take a deep breath... and consider some editing/retraction.

IMO if a person has gone through it they gain a whole different perspective. Nothing wrong in showing that perspective by disagreeing with other opinions

yeah death has no bias....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Continental said:

I'm sorry it doesn't meet your objective. 

I hope you and your loved ones are not affected by what is going on either.

It's so easy so apply cute little emojis against a post. 

However, it doesn't help those who have been affected by what is going on. 

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

IMO if a person has gone through it they gain a whole different perspective. Nothing wrong in showing that perspective by disagreeing with other opinions

yeah death has no bias....

It's so easy to make comments based on things people have never been exposed to.  So easy.  How dare numbers not add up to where we want them to be.  

It's so easy to blame media reports when percentages are off because the slightest difference means its all being played.

But when you know of actual human cost, some take their ball and go home.  Others group past comments together to say we might consider editing/retraction of those comments. 

Sad

Very sad.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If true, even more reason to find a way to open up the schools.  A charter school near us has already set up some classroom trailers, with A/C, to be ready for the August start up.  It's already 100 degrees here.

My daughter is in school already for the past months, in fact they are coming up on summer vacation - of course it is in another country. My wife and her went there as soon as the school district called classes for the year here in merikah.  Now as it stands. I can't get into the country where they are at and they are going to have problems getting back here. Tomorrow the school district is supposed to release the plan. Then it is decision time for me. 

I have all but shut down my company - continuing to pay the few folks I had and if things continue I will not be able to do so without additional government help. So I can always plan to go be with them eventually if the travel restrictions are lifted for north Americans. 

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I think north of the border it stands for computer based training....

Jim, you get a bonus for knowing that. 

It's actually a well known term in IT in the US.

Most training on software is now done via CBT.

Edited by Continental

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

Jim, you get a bonus for knowing that. 

It's actually a well known term in IT in the US.

Most training on software is now done via CBT.

Quit giving me flashbacks on my old job in IT 🤮.   😜

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Quit giving me flashbacks on my old job in IT 🤮.   😜

A prior boss in software died from Covid-19.  He was quite athletic, did pool laps every morning.

He was a prior University professor who set up his own software company - a very smart man.  Was heavily into using CBT as the future. 

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, skevinp said:

I care about people as much as anyone.  A little levity on DCP helps me get through the day.  Or at least it used to.

Too bad some Alpha Hotels like this idiot wasn't concerned about people.    

I tried, but could not verify that image.  Thank you for removing it.  My feelings about this individual will not change though. 

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2.2
Edited by Ghost