Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If you think we're going to need to resort to cannibalism, you can just say so. No judgment here. Or not much. Not too much, anyway. Maybe a little.

Yes, I know If one has to explain a joke that means it failed, but anyway, the above was a reference to something I heard today from a famous, influential, and honored media personality, urging people to toughen up and just accept the virus is here to stay for at least the next three years. After claiming, falsely, that nobody did much to fight the Spanish Flu, he said:

"There was no 'Woe is us!' It was just one in a long line of things that happened to people. That they dealt with. Like the Donner Party. You've heard of the Donner Party--well, maybe some of you haven't: the Donner Party, the Donner family and a bunch of travelers trying to get to California over the Sierra Nevada mountain range. They made the mistake of trying to make the trip in the middle of winter. We're talking the Lake Tahoe region. They get to the peak, and it was so bad that they had to turn to cannibalism to survive. That's what's noteworthy about the Donner Party. If you read the diaries written by the leaders of the Donner Party, the only reference to how cold it was was one sentence: 'It was a particularly tough winter.' It's just what was. They didn't complain about it because there was nothing they could do! They had to adapt. This is what's missing. There seems to be no concept of adaptation. There seems to be no understanding in the millennial generation that we can adapt to this and that we're going to have to. Because there's nothing stopping it right now. We don't have a vaccine. We don't have therapeutics."

This is what's missing: eating your loved ones!

I will definitely buy a t-shirt from the first corps to do a Covid cannibalism show.

4 hours ago, E3D said:

good for them its their rights. 

I disagree it’s a right and if someone is not going to do it they should pull their head out of their ### and social distance.

What about rights of others to be safe and not catch any crap people might have? Guess we should ban speed limits, seat belts, not shooting guns in crowded areas, stopping at red lights and other things that keep people safer. If there is a “right” that puts people at risk with masks then why not these areas. People want to reopen the country but not if it bothers them. We have turned into a country of selfish people who only think of themselves. 

Seriously.... what has happened to this country? WWII we had meatless days, rationing, buying bonds, car pooling or not driving at all, etc all for the good of the country fighting a war. Now can’t even wear a piece of cloth over their face or social distance without people screaming “MAH RIGHTS!” and not a thought of others.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, E3D said:

realizing that no matter what we do - covid19 is still out there. 

the only way to exist is to work with it. someone does not want to wear a mask so what. why do you have to wrap yourself in circles over it? 

So the idea of taking precautions to cut down number of cases is wrong because “no matter what we do...”.

Actually seeing who doesn’t wear a mask is a good thing in one regard. You find out who the self absorbed jerks who only care about themselves are. Seriously putting a piece of cloth in front of your face when in public is such a terrible torture?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2

I WANT THE COUNTRY REOPENED!!!

You need to do your part in order for that to happen...

NO I DON’T, I HAVE MY RIGHTS!!!

smdh....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I'm in my 60's, exercise only when forced, and have high blood pressure.  I had COVID-19 last month and it lasted about 4 days.  My daughter had it too.  She lost her sense of taste and had a mild headache for a day.  We've both recovered and have no residual issues.  Oddly, my wife never contracted it - go figure.

I hope no one reading this contracts it but, if you do, you will probably be ok.  

It’s that “probably” that gets some people in the rear end.... Glad your folks made it thought, you came out on the good end of this crap shoot....

oh good dog is done outside... back to bed

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I agree, although the range seems to be 0.5%-1.0%. That's five to ten times deadlier than the flu, but not nearly as deadly as the CDC currently shows, because the number of people infected is significantly larger than our testing indicates. If we were testing more people, we'd identify more cases, and the fatality rate would be lower.

Deaths are a lagging indicator. 

How interesting that anything that could be remotely deemed negative is considered to be “panic”

Where can I buy some thicker skin? I’m thinking about Christmas presents already 

• Like 2

I just don’t get the “I don’t wear a mask because it’s my right crowd”. Even if it is a right people should wear anyway for the sake of others and the country. Also don’t understand the comeback “if they’re worried they should stay home”. Yeah.... not possible with a lot of people (need to get food, see doctor, etc) and 24/7 stay at home so others don’t have to use a piece of cloth the few minutes a day they might be out in public. Real equal trade eh?

And then we have the “wearing a mask kills you by breathing in CO2” nutzy crowd...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I just don’t get the “I don’t wear a mask because it’s my right crowd”. Even if it is a right people should wear anyway for the sake of others and the country. Also don’t understand the comeback “if they’re worried they should stay home”. Yeah.... not possible with a lot of people (need to get food, see doctor, etc) and 24/7 stay at home so others don’t have to use a piece of cloth the few minutes a day they might be out in public. Real equal trade eh?

And then we have the “wearing a mask kills you by breathing in CO2” nutzy crowd...

I wear an N95 mask 6-7 hours a day at school. I come back home to crease marks and a headache everyday. If I can do that, surely people can wear a simple and highly breathable surgical mask for the 1-2 hours they are out and about. 

• Like 2