Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

26 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Our COVID-19 testing program is a failure.  The "Testing Czar", Admiral Brett Giroir in his Halloween costume, is a joke.  (Giroir was basically fired from his last position in 2015.)  I had a cousin that had to be tested three weeks ago for the virus.  It took 12 days for them to receive their negative results.  In my area, folks are waiting in line in their vehicles for 7-10 hours to get tested.  I have a friend who was just deployed with the National Guard until December 31st for testing in Tennessee.  And there is basically zero "trace testing".   

Its a lot different where I live in northern New Jersey.

We had a similar situation a few months ago when they first started drive in testing.

But,they bumped up the number of drive thru testing sites and got rid of the back log.

in fact,now they've actually shut down a number of testing sites,due to a lack of  people seeking tests.

Pretty much every CVS and Rite Aid around here offer Covid tests.

Again,you used to have to make an appointment.

Now in a lot of places you can pretty much walk in.

Also haven't seen anything about delays in getting test results.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I wear an N95 mask 6-7 hours a day at school. I come back home to crease marks and a headache everyday. If I can do that, surely people can wear a simple and highly breathable surgical mask for the 1-2 hours they are out and about. 

Usual comeback is “why aren’t  doctors dropping over as they wear all day”. Other dumb one is “I can’t wear because I have asthma”. Followed by “(bleeper) I have asthma and wear one”.

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Usual comeback is “why aren’t  doctors dropping over as they wear all day”. Other dumb one is “I can’t wear because I have asthma”. Followed by “(bleeper) I have asthma and wear one”.

Or "I don't have a mask that matches these shoes."

Ok, I made that one up....I think. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i get the pros of kids being in school....my kid is among the few i know that actually thrived with the virtual stuff. I know for many kids it's their safe space and a place to get needed services. But one kid getting it and God forbid getting seriously ill...oh jesus. the damage to other kids, and teachers. same thing if a teacher gets it. i remember in 7th grade my history teacher died suddenly...we were a mess for a week. Now imagine elementary kids. i feel bad for administrators, no matter what they do, people will trash them and get all political, plus politicians on top of that. Oh and good luck finding subs, there's already a shortage

but since we as a selfish ######## nation couldn't come up with a unified cohesive non politically driven strategy from day, we are doomed to force things that will just make it worse. schools are petri dishes of germs to begin with. This pushing to repoen is just a disaster waiting to happen, and i guarantee, if something were to happen to my kid of wife, anti ######## pushing their political "open up who cares if they die" ######## is going to regret ever meeting me

I was at a meeting last night where the Superintendent of the local school system gave a presentation of their plans to reopen

K-8 schools.

High school kids go to regional high school.

Ha said last Spring showed that there's no question  "in person'"  learning is superior to on-line.

He said  a number of parents have called the results of the on-line learning "regressive",

not progressive.

They are currently working on a  couple of options to reopen schools.

Right now,this seems the preferred approach:

They are planning on having in person learning 2-3 days a week,to start.

One day a week would "float".

They're going to "grab and go" breakfast and lunch.

They're also adjusting the school day to end with kids taking lunch home.

Classrooms would be set up to Socially Distance and be cleaned to exceed all CDC

criteria.

He  stressed that there haven't been any objections to reopening.

But,instead,a lot encouragement,especially from parents.

16 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I was at a meeting last night where the Superintendent of the local school system gave a presentation of their plans to reopen

K-8 schools.

High school kids go to regional high school.

Ha said last Spring showed that there's no question  "in person'"  learning is superior to on-line.

He said  a number of parents have called the results of the on-line learning "regressive",

not progressive.

They are currently working on a  couple of options to reopen schools.

Right now,this seems the preferred approach:

They are planning on having in person learning 2-3 days a week,to start.

One day a week would "float".

They're going to "grab and go" breakfast and lunch.

They're also adjusting the school day to end with kids taking lunch home.

Classrooms would be set up to Socially Distance and be cleaned to exceed all CDC

criteria.

He  stressed that there haven't been any objections to reopening.

But,instead,a lot encouragement,especially from parents.

Interesting and half day at school building reminded me of my dads experiences late 40s. School was overcrowded so half the high schoolers (not sure if all or just future blue collars) showed up for half a day. Legally counted as full day. 10 years later lot of these schools combined into a big district which saved lot of headaches as the farmlands converted in the suburbs and local population exploded.

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Seriously.... what has happened to this country? WWII we had meatless days, rationing, buying bonds, car pooling or not driving at all, etc all for the good of the country fighting a war. Now can’t even wear a piece of cloth over their face or social distance without people screaming “MAH RIGHTS!” and not a thought of others.

That's probably going to produce a few comments from the Three Musketeers - or is it 5, maybe 7?  I lost count.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

"I have a Mask Exemption Card."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

That's probably going to produce a few comments from the Three Musketeers - or is it 5, maybe 7?  I lost count.

Interesting thing is usually people die fighting or protecting other peoples rights. In this case OTHER people die to protect the “rights” of the person that will probably continue living (unless they get it too).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

"I have a Mask Exemption Card."

Oh yeah, what’s that website again... 😈