The 1999 Thread

57 minutes ago, East9900 said:

But finals night something just clicked. I can't explain it. Perhaps it was just that things were coming to an end. Perhaps it was just a 'screw it' feeling from us. I don't know. All I know is we performed our heart out that night in Madison. I remember seeing the staff eating it up on the front sideline. I remember seeing them jumping up and down as we turned around for the big hit in the closer. Once we got back into the tunnel and allowed to break attention we all knew we had finally done it. I didn't care where we ended up, but I knew we did the best with what we were given.

Finals night has a tendency to bring that out in performers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Finals night has a tendency to bring that out in performers.

I only had the opportunity to perform at finals twice so I only base this on my own experience. 1999 Finals was our best performance by a mile. 2000 Finals was NOT our best performance. We certainly wanted it to be our best, but it was not. 

It can also have a tendency to have mistakes happen that have never happened all season as well. 

Edited by East9900