Alright SCV...

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Been to the cape two weeks after Labor Day and just dead without tourists. And hope he wasn’t thinking of swimming in the ocean...

Leaving “sudden but not abrupt” wth? And holy crap I knew the guy he replaced....

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Nobody on the road? Nobody on the beach?

Been there too after Labor Day - indeed somewhat slow.  I wanted to visit Chappaquiddick but didn't quite make it.  Saw it however.

44 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Been there too after Labor Day - indeed somewhat slow.  I wanted to visit Chappaquiddick but didn't quite make it.  Saw it however.

Weird bus tour... if you’d be allowed to go down this road you would see Jackie Onassis place. That road over there goes to late Jimmy Cagneys house. Never saw the homes, just the turnoffs wth?

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well he did stress that SCV and SCVC will continue as they were, which basically confirms the rumors changes were tried to be enacted 

Yes, I noticed Jeremy’s voice & eye contact took on a decided “edge” during his emphasis on the A and Cadet corps. 

Besides his professional accomplishments Mr. Van Wert wrote a book chronicling his time in SCV during the GR era and how it utterly transformed his life. This is well known in SCV circles, making the final shot with his jacket on all the more appropriate. 

Many alums from dinos to recent were alarmed at the prior talktrack not just from an organizational / directional perspective but in general. A number of longtime alums/volunteers walked; for me personally it was his use of the pronoun “I” when referring to SCV that I found particularly troubling (“I speak for....”) 

You may recall when DCI formed the task force awhile back that was tasked with formulating post C-19 solutions and strategy. SCV was not asked to participate in that endeavor. 

Edited by TRacer
Typos.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DAvery said:

Very strange wording. Are we waiting for another shoe to drop? 

well an old article appeared on the DCI F**Kery Twitter account of some past questionable hires he did elsewhere

5 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

How much would you pay for that jacket.

I wouldn't. I didn't march there so i wouldn't want it. I don't even have the jacket to where i taught, i gave it to a member

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TRacer said:

Yes, I noticed Jeremy’s voice & eye contact took on a decided “edge” during his emphasis on the A and Cadet corps. 

Besides his professional accomplishments Mr. Van Wert wrote a book chronicling his time in SCV during the GR era and how it utterly transformed his life. This is well known in SCV circles, making the final shot with his jacket on all the more appropriate. 

Many alums from dinos to recent were alarmed at the prior talktrack not just from an organizational / directional perspective but in general. A number of longtime alums/volunteers walked; for me personally it was his use of the pronoun “I” when referring to SCV that I found particularly troubling (“I speak for....”) 

You may recall when DCI formed the task force awhile back that was tasked with formulating post C-19 solutions and strategy. SCV was not asked to participate in that endeavor. 

Actually, the book “Not for the Faint of Heart” chronicled his experiences during the JW era (96-98). It’s a good read of what life in the tenor line was like back then. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

well he did stress that SCV and SCVC will continue as they were, which basically confirms the rumors changes were tried to be enacted 

"The Santa Clara Vanguard and the Vanguard Cadets will remain the benchmark products of our organization. This is something the board has never wavered on."

Yeah, you don't make a statement like that unless people had reasons to believe the organization (i.e., I presume, the now ex-director) was planning otherwise.

well isn't that a giant [...] don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya

Yeah, this makes it clear that Bernardini was shown the door:

"First, I must address the obvious. When the VMAPA board became aware of concerns related to leadership in this organization, the board took immediate action. We wanted to find out the facts. During this period, the board took a process that was meticulous. We wanted to ensure that we acted in the most legal and ethical way possible as we were weighing these details. This process took a very long time, a lot longer than a lot of people would have liked."

And this is both stark and vague:

"What has become obvious at this point is that Brett Bernardini no longer works for Vanguard Music and Performing Arts."

Though he did at least give the standard parting remark: "We wish him well in his future."

- - -

In light of Terri's comment, this caught my attention:

"I have a plan to ensure that we reengage with DCI and that we remain collaborative and cooperative with our friends throughout the DCI community."

The implication of that is that SCV was disengaged from DCI.