Alright SCV...

18 hours ago, Algernon said:

Saying I told ya so......

For reference, back on June 6, Algernon started this thread with this comment:

"Anyone else hearing he is out of control? Wild behavior on DCI calls, harrassment of office staff, etc."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For reference, back on June 6, Algernon started this thread with this comment:

"Anyone else hearing he is out of control? Wild behavior on DCI calls, harrassment of office staff, etc."

Algernon deserves flowers for several of his prognostications over the last couple years. 

Along those lines, any stock tips?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kdaddy said:

Algernon deserves flowers for several of his prognostications over the last couple years. 

buy low sell high

• Haha 1

Any chance some small part of this is a new person, and bit of an outsider, challenging the old guard/status quo in drum corps and triggering push back?

• Thanks 1

I thought about this too. But of all corps that need someone substantially challenging their way of doing things, one of them is probably not the 2018 champ.

Which begs the question - what the heck was SCV thinking in hiring? If Phantom Regiment said "we need a bold new direction from an outsider after trending toward 12th," that might make sense. For SCV, at least to this outsider, it doesn't. 

Edited by kdaddy

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

I understand everyone likes to keep their business behind closed doors.  Interesting Algernon got blasted on here by some of DCPs most vocal.  I’m not saying what he does is right but as an activity we have some questionable practices that have happened over the years that is coming to light.  Some would like that it’s  all swept under the rug, but that only makes the activity look worse.  I enjoyed Jeremy’s response on behalf of SCV.  It shared enough and was honest enough of what they could share and the direction they’re going.  That’s the type of leadership we need in the activity.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Any chance some small part of this is a new person, and bit of an outsider, challenging the old guard/status quo in drum corps and triggering push back?

My feeling is he was challenging the status quo but in his own delusional way. I think he was used to being the “big fish” when he was running that theater company. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I thought about this too. But of all corps that need someone substantially challenging their way of doing things, one of them is probably not the 2018 champ.

Which begs the question - what the heck was SCV thinking in hiring? If Phantom Regiment said "we need a bold new direction from an outside after trending toward 12th," that might make sense. For SCV, at least to this outsider, it doesn't. 

And hiring someone without corps experience. What I can tell the major job experience was regional theater manager. And the place in Harrisburg is local small stuff located away from downtown. I thought it was connected to the arts center in the middle of the city but nope.