Alright SCV...

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

There are examples where people hired from outside did an amazing job

I.e. Alan Mullaly at Ford.  He had no automotive experience (was from Boeing) and he helped that company steer through one of the biggest financial hardships in it's history.

I think the difference with him was the fact that he had exceptional management skills.  He listened to people and had a knack for cutting through crap to get to the center of an issue.  He also developed a huge loyalty because he treated people were respect. 

That maybe true but it's DCI; you've got to know your family of woodwinds.  :whistle:

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

VooDoo & witchcraft.  :devil:

Was that a show title I missed? 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was that a show title I missed? 😜

Yup, Boston’s Wicked Games show.

Blame it on BAC.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And hiring someone without corps experience. What I can tell the major job experience was regional theater manager. And the place in Harrisburg is local small stuff located away from downtown. I thought it was connected to the arts center in the middle of the city but nope.

I think the guy had 20 years as a music teacher at Norwich Free Academy in Conn. Not a business oriented person, but he did have a music background at least. He may have been a vocal music teacher, not instrumental. I judged the NFA marching band many time in the 80's through mid-90's, so their staff was familiar with drum corps (not sure about the SCV guy).