The 1984 Thread

4 hours ago, Continental said:

Was '84 the last year that Cadets marched left foot forward?

Yes....the continual time signature changes in the 85 opener made a right-foot stepoff required, and then it just stuck.

4 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Yes....the continual time signature changes in the 85 opener made a right-foot stepoff required, and then it just stuck.

I don’t get it. What difference does it make? Surely there’s been corps since that have played/marched to complex meters and didn’t need to make the switch. What am I missing? I’m going to have to get the score and march down the sidewalk. Lol           I have the Stravinsky octet score, maybe that would work. 

9 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t get it. What difference does it make? Surely there’s been corps since that have played/marched to complex meters and didn’t need to make the switch. What am I missing? I’m going to have to get the score and march down the sidewalk. Lol           I have the Stravinsky octet score, maybe that would work. 

in that same era, when Madison played Strawberry Soup, often times holds were in place unti they could get back to aleft foot step off. ( i know i played the tune twice at Westshore). But Jeremiah had so many ####ed up time signatures, they stepped off right more than left

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Velvet Knights' gag with "All Night Long" was reused 22 years later by Cavaliers in their Machine show.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of the '84 broadcast there is call out indicating that the presentation of the program was made possible by a grant from the Cook Group Company.

I was not aware that the Cook Group starting supporting DCI a year before Star took the field for the first time.

Edited by Continental

6 hours ago, Continental said:

At the end of the '84 broadcast there is call out indicating that the presentation of the program was made possible by a grant from the Cook Group Company.

I was not aware that the Cook Group starting supporting DCI a year before Star took the field for the first time.

Bill Cook and his Cook Group did dozens of good deeds that many were never aware of.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Bill Cook and his Cook Group did dozens of good deeds that many were never aware of.

Cook Medical

Cook Medical was the first company to package the three primary components for percutaneous catheterization— needles, wire guides, and catheters — in one set.

Wilson- Cook endoscopy leader. 

So many things that it is hard to believe. 

7 hours ago, Continental said:

Remember that Bill's son, Carl, was an alum of the Colts...1983, I believe (he's only a year older than me)

• Like 1