Band Cancellation Tracking

16 hours ago, garfield said:

My hunch is that drum corps is done until Nov, '21 auditions for the '22 season.

Regardless of vaccine availability, the standard duration for 20th Century global pandemics was 12-18 months. This COVID pandemic started January 2020, so it should "burn itself out" between January and June 2021.

I expect there will be another BIG spike in infections and deaths over the winter.

I expect there will be no 2021 WGI season.

I expect there will be an adjusted, possibly delayed, possibly shortened 2021 DCI season. But I'm only feeling about 60/40 on that, I certainly don't feel that a 2021 DCI season is a sure thing.

I expect this will all be over no later than Fall 2021 and there will be a Fall 2021 marching band season.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The largest school systems in our state just announced starting virtual only for the first 9 weeks.  Let the dominoes* begin to fall.

*Thought it was "dominos" but after some research, "dominoes" is the correct spelling for the plural noun.  "Domino's" for delivery. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

The largest school systems in our state just announced starting virtual only for the first 9 weeks.  Let the dominoes* begin to fall.

*Thought it was "dominos" but after some research, "dominoes" is the correct spelling for the plural noun.  "Domino's" for delivery. 

thanks.....i never spell that one right

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Not to be nitpicky, but it's actually "Tournament of Roses Parade" not the Rose Bowl Parade. 

I stand corrected.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

I stand corrected.

Were you sitting when you typed that? 😉

Perhaps you type corrected? 

I'm stupid.  Sorry.  🙂 

Just FYI: So far, nothing for Georgia. The Daughter just finished the first week of HS band camp in NW GA (she's the flute and color guard instructor).  And I'm hearing the band at the HS close to where I live practicing. So, I guess they will be performing this season until "someone" says they won't. 

And the Ohio Valley Conference announced that only players, coaches, and officials can be on the field at games. No bands; no cheerleaders. So, Jax State Marching Southerners decided they will split into 3 bands positioned around the stadium. And you thought they were loud stuck over in the end zone. 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Any word on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?  I just don't see it happening.

The latest from Macy's still has no change to the schedule.  I have added this to the list and will watch for an announcement.

• Thanks 1

PA is a hodgepodge of circuits. TOB is doing virtual only,.....haven't seen USBands or Cavalcade announce anything

here is LMBA, Lakeshore Marching Band Association up by Erie:

http://www.lmba.us/main/

here is PIMBA, Pittsburgh area:

http://www.pimba.org/