Band Cancellation Tracking

21 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

The petty voice in my head though that USBands was playing chicken with BOA, and wouldn't announce anything until BOA folded their season first. But that happened a while ago now, and there's no information or updates on the USBands site at all (aside from this noncommittal vaguery which says very little https://yea.org/news/school-reopening-survey-results )

From what I am hearing, US Bands/YEA is just trying to bleed money out of the bands by making them register and pay to sign up for shows. Then at the last possible moment cancel, or even better have the bands pull out, and keep the fees!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

look what state has done anything right with this?

A few states have done better than others at this point in time. 

45 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

From what I am hearing, US Bands/YEA is just trying to bleed money out of the bands by making them register and pay to sign up for shows. Then at the last possible moment cancel, or even better have the bands pull out, and keep the fees!

That’s terrible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Yep. That's YEA...

what we forget here or most social media is hearing doesn't always mean truth nor does it mean it's not....it's just hearsay

Not defending YEA at all.....just a statement

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

what we forget here or most social media is hearing doesn't always mean truth nor does it mean it's not....it's just hearsay

Not defending YEA at all.....just a statement

True, and that probably wasn't fair of me, especially without context or confirmation that it was actually happening. I've just always found myself frustrated with US Bands/USSBA, mostly stemming from how they run their fall contests and their selection of what they consider qualified adjudicators.  I suppose that leads me to not feeling surprised by much.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Well, they gotta pay Hop.  :spitting:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

True, and that probably wasn't fair of me, especially without context or confirmation that it was actually happening. I've just always found myself frustrated with US Bands/USSBA, mostly stemming from how they run their fall contests and their selection of what they consider qualified adjudicators.  I suppose that leads me to not feeling surprised by much.

I was actually just talking in general. Wasn't trying to downplay your assumption or your concerns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hostrauser said:

The petty voice in my head though that USBands was playing chicken with BOA, and wouldn't announce anything until BOA folded their season first. But that happened a while ago now, and there's no information or updates on the USBands site at all (aside from this noncommittal vaguery which says very little https://yea.org/news/school-reopening-survey-results )

I'll be honest...TOB was grappling with how to handle things since we cover multiple states. we were 80% there on the decision anyway, but BOA got that last 20% to fall in, oh 4 hours

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

especially for circuits that cover multiple states, it's a fine line to walk. in some places it's "what the #### are you waiting for?" and in others its "don't you ####### dare!"

• Like 1