Band Cancellation Tracking

17 minutes ago, E3D said:

When I first read the "Its also bullbleep" I read it as what USbands Yea were doing to people was bullbleep. 

Now when you replied I read it as you did. Maybe I am right though and they are thinking Yea and USbands are bullbleep. 

Not to worry you should have no target as you say, you are reacting to the post. 

I have no idea what is happening in the band world.  But I know band parents work very hard through fundraisers to keep these band programs going.  I expect they’ll have to work even harder when we return to whatever normal awaits us after this because whatever funding they were getting, will probably get cut.  I would just hate to think that anyone would do this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Blackstone-Millville, Dartmouth, and King Philip Regional all host USBands shows, along with Cranston East in Rhode Island. Only about 15-20 Massachusetts bands in total have participated in USBands shows the past few years, according to my spreadsheet.

That total sounds correct. The three you mentioned (along with Shepherd Hill, Case, Oakmont, and Somerset-Berkley) attend championships each year. The ones that don't attend championships but attend the in-state US Bands competitions typically attend because they're held at schools that were all formerly NESBA host-schools, so the relationship and consistency of schedule is what drives them there.  Massachusetts may not send a ton to championships, but in recent years the state has accounted for as many as four of the six open class champions.

I wonder if the announcement that school openings are pushed back 10 days is why NESBA decided to call it early? I know most schools have their band camps the last two weeks of August, and if school openings are pushed I'm assuming bands wouldn't be allowed to practice, so band camps would theoretically be pushed to mid-September in that case once school starts.

Just now, CHRISP said:

New York State Field Band Conference announced the season cancellation last night.

Do you have the link?

16 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Do you have the link?

I don't have access at the moment.  Check out NYSFBC.org, in the news tab.  

The Maine Band Directors Association cancelled the fall season in a zoom meeting last night.  It is a small circuit...about a dozen schools plus generally 3 or 4 New Hampshire bands in the mix as well.  It is a great little circuit, established back in the early 80s, and the judging is surprisingly solid.  Almost exclusively Mass Judges Assoc members, so we get a lot of past and presnt DCI judges for our shows.  Guess I'm going to have my late Sept - early Nov Saturday nights off for the first since....1978!!!  Yikes!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CHRISP said:

I don't have access at the moment.  Check out NYSFBC.org, in the news tab.  

Got it.  Thx and updated.

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

The Maine Band Directors Association cancelled the fall season in a zoom meeting last night.  It is a small circuit...about a dozen schools plus generally 3 or 4 New Hampshire bands in the mix as well.  It is a great little circuit, established back in the early 80s, and the judging is surprisingly solid.  Almost exclusively Mass Judges Assoc members, so we get a lot of past and presnt DCI judges for our shows.  Guess I'm going to have my late Sept - early Nov Saturday nights off for the first since....1978!!!  Yikes!

Please provide a link if you have one.

Many updates today posted on Marching.com/news