Band Cancellation Tracking

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Good move but not holding my breath on Macy’s parade. Tons of people in the crowd and unless something really good happens with vaccines can’t see NY and NYC taking the chance. And Macy’s taking such hits with their bottom line right now can’t see them wanting a publicity black eye with CV out break after the parade 

Good move to cancel bands & I agree.  They may try to do a "virtual" televised parade with balloons, soloist, & no audience?  There's no way a large HS or college band, (University of Alabama), that requires 9-10 buses can make that trip with the CDC guidelines.  It would probably take 30 motor coaches to spread them out.  It's a logistics nightmare.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, fsthnds said:

From what I am hearing, US Bands/YEA is just trying to bleed money out of the bands by making them register and pay to sign up for shows. Then at the last possible moment cancel, or even better have the bands pull out, and keep the fees!

A rumor, backed up by an opinion substantiated by a degree from Google University.

We’ve shown here many times that the general quality of Cadets bashing is much more attenuated than this.

Let’s keep the bashing quality standard alive, people.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, Musicman1084 said:

Yep. That's YEA...

Pile on.

Great quality of generalization but lacking in depth and maturity of sounds produced.

Anxious to see you again this season!  A few changes to your basic approach to articulation will do wonders for your program!  Keep up the good work!

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Musicman1084 said:

True, and that probably wasn't fair of me, especially without context or confirmation that it was actually happening. I've just always found myself frustrated with US Bands/USSBA, mostly stemming from how they run their fall contests and their selection of what they consider qualified adjudicators.  I suppose that leads me to not feeling surprised by much.

Excellent recovery!  Dropping like that is tough on anyone, but you handled it with grace and speed.  Nice job!

Oh, and always remember your personal growth is completely irrelevant when performing in front of a crowd.  Just Do! Do Better! and all will be forgotten by next show!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, keystone3ply said:

Well, they gotta pay Hop.  :spitting:

As I’m catching up, I don’t think some people are recognizing the potential benefit to other proceedings that being indecisive can bring.

Catching up.  Sorry if addressed...

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Good move to cancel bands & I agree.  They may try to do a "virtual" televised parade with balloons, soloist, & no audience?  There's no way a large HS or college band, (University of Alabama), that requires 9-10 buses can make that trip with the CDC guidelines.  It would probably take 30 motor coaches to spread them out.  It's a logistics nightmare.   

Thinking about it good bit of the parade is plugging for the Broadway shows which are dark anyway. So no bands, no floats or acts for Broadway and what’s left is the balloons, other floats and Santa (Rockettes?). Been a while since I watched as can’t stand stopping in front of the cameras for Broadway plugs. 

And Macy’s had been closing/combining stores before this hit. Know my wife had been using their online for slacks for years as physical store never had selection for her petite size. 

Edit: kid years flashback of Captain Kangaroo ending his show with old parade clips while this horrible “Big Clown Ballons(?)” song playing. Then next up was the parade.... Later flashback of CBS doing NYC (Macy’s), Philly (Gimbels), Detroit (Hudson’s) and tape delay of Honolulu (Jack Lord on his white horse intro which my mom always got a kick out of “why does he have to be on a horse?”)

Edit 3: Gimbels and Hudson’s kaput... (had to check)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, garfield said:

A rumor, backed up by an opinion substantiated by a degree from Google University.

We’ve shown here many times that the general quality of Cadets bashing is much more attenuated than this.

Let’s keep the bashing quality standard alive, people.

Are you saying Cadet's are part of YEA? Maybe you missed the announcement about Cadets separating from YEA! There was no Cadet bashing in my post. My point was to show the influx of funds needed for YEA/US BANDS to survive!

• Like 1

👏👏 👏👏 👏👏 👏👏 👏👏 👏👏

Now that we got all the bands cancelled can we move along to cancelling everything else? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

As I’m catching up, I don’t think some people are recognizing the potential benefit to other proceedings that being indecisive can bring.

Carching up.  Sorry if addressed...

Maybe its just the joy of things being cancelled that causes some fog on other potential ramifications? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Are you saying Cadet's are part of YEA? Maybe you missed the announcement about Cadets separating from YEA! There was no Cadet bashing in my post. My point was to show the influx of funds needed for YEA/US BANDS to survive!

Tsk. Uh, no.  I'm aware of the relationship.

What I'm saying is that your claim was amateurish and under-developed.  But you caught yourself and recovered very nicely.

It was the quality of the bashing I was addressing, not its accuracy.

• Thanks 1