Band Cancellation Tracking

25 minutes ago, E3D said:

So happy that y'all are getting every thing cancelled. 

Wow, just wow.  No one is happy about these cancelations.  "You come here often?"  "I bet you're one of those big, strong, & tough 'not my virus' kind of guys?"  

"Can I buy you a tall glass of 'plandemic'?"  "Maybe a box of masks?"   :whistle:  :spitting: :guinesssmilie:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Sure it’s different between circuits but how close do the judges get to the performers? 

59 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow, just wow.  No one is happy about these cancelations.  "You come here often?"  "I bet you're one of those big, strong, & tough 'not my virus' kind of guys?"  

"Can I buy you a tall glass of 'plandemic'?"  "Maybe a box of masks?"   :whistle:  :spitting: :guinesssmilie:

:sarcasm:

Was over the top sarcastic but you missed it. 

By the way what is a "cancelations" :lol::bleah:

So eager to shut everything down these days.

No idea where the smack attack about being a "big, strong, & tough 'not my virus" kind of guys" come from either. 

I don't try to assume who or what you are so try to leave that part of the discussion out of it. 

Now back to your regularly discussed cancellations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Did that just come out? Only school contact I have is a family member and she’s going thru enough stress I don’t want to ask.

250 max all together? Dang State College in the 70s had close to that just in the band. Possibly Williamsport “Marching Millionaires” also

the 250 has been out for a while now. removing spectators just came out. Williamsport hasn't been that big in a long time. And i don't think they got to 250. Carlisle I know proudly advertised 203 members for years (cause thats how many uniforms they had)

and as of this evening, the 2020 Cavalcade of Bands schedule shows nothing on their site

https://cavalcadeofbands.com/marching/judges-bios/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, E3D said:

So happy that y'all are getting every thing cancelled. 

i'm happy and not happy. i mean for health reasons it needs to be done. But it sucks for the kids. hell i just judge and it sucks....not cause of the $$, which you can't live on, but for the interaction, and the opportunity to help programs grow. 

My fondest memory of last season is seeing a group in September, then not again until Championships and being able to gush into my ipad how proud I was of their growth. The kids knew they did a great job too...couldn't tell you where they placed, and don't care. I just know those kids brought it at the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

One of the main issues we're facing is travel for a large group such as band.  When you have to multiply your number of buses by 2-4 times to accommodate CDC guidelines that becomes cost prohibitive.  And that's just one of the issues.  We're in a state where high school bands are expected to travel to away games.  That's probably not going to happen this season if we have a full season at all.  The jury is still out on that one.  When we reopen at the end of the month, offering both virtual & in person classes, we probably won't make it 4 weeks before we have to shut down.     

the one band in the article i posted said they'd probably need 10 buses to meet the requirements.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sure it’s different between circuits but how close do the judges get to the performers? 

on the field...sometimes a lot closer than you plan to!

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the one band in the article i posted said they'd probably need 10 buses to meet the requirements.

We would need about 10 which would at the least, double our transportation cost.  Our system will be doubling our school routes in the morning & afternoon this fall.  But I don't think it'll last long.  I sadly predict that we'll have to transfer to all virtual in 2-4 weeks after classes start. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, E3D said:

:sarcasm:

Was over the top sarcastic but you missed it. 

By the way what is a "cancelations" :lol::bleah:

So eager to shut everything down these days.

No idea where the smack attack about being a "big, strong, & tough 'not my virus" kind of guys" come from either. 

I don't try to assume who or what you are so try to leave that part of the discussion out of it. 

Now back to your regularly discussed cancellations. 

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

We would need about 10 which would at the least, double our transportation cost.  Our system will be doubling our school routes in the morning & afternoon this fall.  But I don't think it'll last long.  I sadly predict that we'll have to transfer to all virtual in 2-4 weeks after classes start. 

even so that adds a lot of costs

• Like 1