Band Cancellation Tracking

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

We would need about 10 which would at the least, double our transportation cost.  Our system will be doubling our school routes in the morning & afternoon this fall.  But I don't think it'll last long.  I sadly predict that we'll have to transfer to all virtual in 2-4 weeks after classes start. 

My old school district (mentioned in the pennlive article) has one of the most strung out districts in the state. On top of that they just contracted with a new company for some reason (can’t remember why). If the company has to double number of trips doubt if they have the buses or employees to do it. Company services multiple school districts so even worse than appears

On topic: add special trips for bands and costs, equipment and driver needs go up even more. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Hmmm another possible band/bus issue.800 years ago when I was in HS the band practiced before school started. To get there I had to ride the earlier Jr High bus and catch a shuttle at the Jr High at get to the HS. No one really counted number of bodies we just crammed in. Now with Social Distancing can’t do that anymore. (No idea how it is done now)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hmmm another possible band/bus issue.800 years ago when I was in HS the band practiced before school started. To get there I had to ride the earlier Jr High bus and catch a shuttle at the Jr High at get to the HS. No one really counted number of bodies we just crammed in. Now with Social Distancing can’t do that anymore. (No idea how it is done now)

Yup; we have several buses that run during the school day that transport students to a central tech center as well as students with special needs.  
It just adds more & more cost for school systems to follow the CDC guidelines.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Hey Jeff, what do you think the possibility is that BOA/DCI and WGI will need to reorganize and possibly join forces after this? I keep hearing a rumor that the intensity of those discussions are picking up. Do you think they're valid?

On 7/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, Jeff Ream said:

TOB has updated to offering virtual only options for performance and review. No live events

On 8/4/2020 at 6:12 AM, keystone3ply said:

We would need about 10 which would at the least, double our transportation cost.  Our system will be doubling our school routes in the morning & afternoon this fall.  But I don't think it'll last long.  I sadly predict that we'll have to transfer to all virtual in 2-4 weeks after classes start. 

Our district uses the same busses for HS, MS and elementary runs, one after the other. No idea how they will be able to disinfect busses in the short space between runs both home to school and school to home in the afternoons.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Our district uses the same busses for HS, MS and elementary runs, one after the other. No idea how they will be able to disinfect busses in the short space between runs both home to school and school to home in the afternoons.

Same with my district Mike but I never thought about cleaning in between runs. Great point... And in my district the buses would not have time to go back to the garages to clean up. The driver or someone riding with the bus would have to do it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Our system will double their routes in the morning & afternoon with the driver disinfecting the bus in between.  That means the 2nd route will get to school about an hour later in the day.  I'd want to be on the 2nd route in the morning & 1st route in the afternoon.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Us Bands announce V-Performances only for the fall.

https://yea.org/news/new-virtual-performance-option-announced

The announcement says "traditional where possible".

So it would seem that they will have both virtual and "in person" options.

6 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Hey Jeff, what do you think the possibility is that BOA/DCI and WGI will need to reorganize and possibly join forces after this? I keep hearing a rumor that the intensity of those discussions are picking up. Do you think they're valid?

those rumors have been floating for years, and you can add in DCA too. i don't know what to believe, but for WGI the money maker is the scholastic side of things. DCI would have to make some serious changes I would think

• Like 1