Band Cancellation Tracking

9 hours ago, LoveKathyG said:

That's interesting.  I marching HS band in Southern California from 76 - 80 and then my sisters marched from 81 - 87.  We did field show competitions and band review in the fall and then concert festivals in the spring while drill team and flags did their own indoor competitions.  Not saying you're wrong, but we never knew anything about spring competitions.  Where were they?

I think it may have been mainly a North and Central California thing, but I know the Maytime Band Review in San Diego was a big thing for many years. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of others, but I'd have to check with others who were marching/directing back in the 60s/70s.

When I marched in the early 90s in NorCal there were spring competitions in Alameda, Fairfield, Stockton, Tracy, Ukiah, Vallejo and even then Spring band reviews were "dying out."

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i know all of those uniforms

Yeah seeing any link with “PennLive” in it makes me cringe before I open dreading what it will contain.... 😥

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, hostrauser said:

I think it may have been mainly a North and Central California thing, but I know the Maytime Band Review in San Diego was a big thing for many years. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of others, but I'd have to check with others who were marching/directing back in the 60s/70s.

When I marched in the early 90s in NorCal there were spring competitions in Alameda, Fairfield, Stockton, Tracy, Ukiah, Vallejo and even then Spring band reviews were "dying out."

I do remember Maytime Band Review.  We never did it, but I do recall it being a major event.  Thanks for the memory!

Update from Virginia... 

All sports (Fall, Winter, Spring) will be moved to second semester.  2 months each.  

Also, trying to create meaningful content for our all-virtual opening.  Now I'm teaching 5th grade general music, no beginning band, 7-12 band, HS guitar, HS contemporary music...

Needless to say, I will try and do something for marching band starting around February... mostly pep band and playing fun patriotic stuff for "half time" of whatever games at which I can get the kids to perform.   

We'll see how it goes.  🙂 Prayers would be appreciated!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

Update from Virginia... 

All sports (Fall, Winter, Spring) will be moved to second semester.  2 months each.  

Also, trying to create meaningful content for our all-virtual opening.  Now I'm teaching 5th grade general music, no beginning band, 7-12 band, HS guitar, HS contemporary music...

Needless to say, I will try and do something for marching band starting around February... mostly pep band and playing fun patriotic stuff for "half time" of whatever games at which I can get the kids to perform.   

We'll see how it goes.  🙂 Prayers would be appreciated!

The current VMBC statement link is on the first page.  https://www.vmbc-online.org/latest-news

Do you have a link with more information?

Prayers sent.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

On 8/17/2020 at 7:11 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

The current VMBC statement link is on the first page.  https://www.vmbc-online.org/latest-news

Do you have a link with more information?

Prayers sent.

Hey Old Corps Guy!  Here's the VHSL link concerning the sports schedule.  In the announcement banner at the top, with links to the specifics of Model 3.  

https://www.vhsl.org

On 8/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, keystone3ply said:

Band guidelines just released by the SEC Conference:  

Marching Bands will not be allowed to march on the field this fall & travel is prohibited.   

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/No-marching-bands-allowed-on-SEC-football-fields--150808341/

Thx, Added to the first page.