Band Cancellation Tracking

So -- This year, Macy's Parade will be an unabashed shill for Broadway and other celebrities? Do I have that right? If so, I think I'll pass  

(Sorry! It's BC -- before coffee.)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

So -- This year, Macy's Parade will be an unabashed shill for Broadway and other celebrities? Do I have that right? If so, I think I'll pass  

For years, Macy’s was always about promoting tv shows to be shown on whatever network is telecasting the parade.  I’m used to that, and understand it.

IF, this Covid version of the parade event starts politicizing to me, or virtual signaling, etc., I’ll turn it off. I guess, since it’s NBC, I won’t be watching very long.  ☹️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

For years, Macy’s was always about promoting tv shows to be shown on whatever network is telecasting the parade.  I’m used to that, and understand it.

IF, this Covid version of the parade event starts politicizing to me, or virtual signaling, etc., I’ll turn it off. I guess, since it’s NBC, I won’t be watching very long.  ☹️

I used to watch it all the time. But as it became more about promoting celebrities and less about bands and "the common folk", I lost interest. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

correction: will ONLY be an unabashed shill except for balloons driving by beep beep... Wonder how many Broadway shows will have something as theatres are dark (guess they still are).

stopped watching NBCs version years back. It’s one thing to shill as the float with a celebrity rolls by but stopping so you can see the bad lip syncing....🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oops hit where edit button used to be and didn’t realize it’s now the quote button

Edited by JimF-LowBari

i watched because NBC was the only coverage outside of the Rose Bowl...om NBC...that actually gave the bands some time

On 9/17/2020 at 10:35 AM, Fred Windish said:

Lol. Aggrieved before the first cartoon character even floats by. 

• Like 1

It isn’t a band, but ...

The Metropolitan Opera Won’t Reopen for Another Year

The nation’s largest performing arts organization, shut by the coronavirus pandemic, sends a chilling signal that American cultural life is still far from resuming.

The Metropolitan Opera announced Wednesday that the still-untamed coronavirus pandemic has forced it to cancel its entire 2020-21 season, prolonging one of the gravest crises it has faced in its 137-year history and keeping it dark until next September.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Just received my email from USBands announcing that their registration is open for their "V-USBANDS Virtual Performance" season.  That will be a "hard pass".    :spitting: 

Here's the link for anyone that would like to sign up their group:

https://usbands.org/virtual/

If kids are being allowed an opportunity, any opportunity, to perform and compete, even if it's not the most ideal of circumstances, I'm all for it. JMHO

• Like 2