Band Cancellation Tracking

4 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Let me assure you, PA is not the only one having trouble making decisions.  There are a couple of states listed on the first page with inconsistent decisions.

Sadly I agree.... 

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here...

Please refrain from political commentary. As always, check your posts before submitting them to make sure  you are not verging in the political arena.

Do I sit in the corner or get a “talking to”. 😜 Not a problem Mike....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

I applaud Cavalcade for their ideas to host shows. I just cannot see how there will be no chance at cross contamination as fans move about in and out of the stands. It also seems impossible to sanitize between the different groups performances. Will every person attending and or participating need to clear a health screening before entering the stadium?

I mean do you shop at any grocery stores or the big chain discount retail stores? Seems the same thing to me sitting in stands 6 feet apart - one way enter and exit. why not for band's and schools? 

25 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here...

Please refrain from political commentary. As always, check your posts before submitting them to make sure  you are not verging in the political arena.

Thank you Mike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I applaud Cavalcade for their ideas to host shows. I just cannot see how there will be no chance at cross contamination as fans move about in and out of the stands. It also seems impossible to sanitize between the different groups performances. Will every person attending and or participating need to clear a health screening before entering the stadium?

IMO that would be up to the individual host schools.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E3D said:

I mean do you shop at any grocery stores or the big chain discount retail stores? Seems the same thing to me sitting in stands 6 feet apart - one way enter and exit. why not for band's and schools? 

PA has a cap on how many people can be in the stadium at a time...250 max, including all performers. And in fact PA just made all sports spectator free, including cheerleaders, bands, etc.

so if this were to apply to band competitions, which the PIAA doesn't cover, a show host has to count how many people is in the entire stadium after EVERY band since no 2 bands have exact membership. so while the judges and number of parents for the host school should remain static, every band has different membership, a different amount of fans, a different amount of parents or students helping move equipment....what band booster organization wants to take that on???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

PA has a cap on how many people can be in the stadium at a time...250 max, including all performers. And in fact PA just made all sports spectator free, including cheerleaders, bands, etc.

so if this were to apply to band competitions, which the PIAA doesn't cover, a show host has to count how many people is in the entire stadium after EVERY band since no 2 bands have exact membership. so while the judges and number of parents for the host school should remain static, every band has different membership, a different amount of fans, a different amount of parents or students helping move equipment....what band booster organization wants to take that on???

Did that just come out? Only school contact I have is a family member and she’s going thru enough stress I don’t want to ask.

250 max all together? Dang State College in the 70s had close to that just in the band. Possibly Williamsport “Marching Millionaires” also

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

So happy that y'all are getting every thing cancelled. 

5 hours ago, E3D said:

One of the main issues we're facing is travel for a large group such as band.  When you have to multiply your number of buses by 2-4 times to accommodate CDC guidelines that becomes cost prohibitive.  And that's just one of the issues.  We're in a state where high school bands are expected to travel to away games.  That's probably not going to happen this season if we have a full season at all.  The jury is still out on that one.  When we reopen at the end of the month, offering both virtual & in person classes, we probably won't make it 4 weeks before we have to shut down.     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 1