Band Cancellation Tracking

On 8/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, keystone3ply said:

Band guidelines just released by the SEC Conference:  

Marching Bands will not be allowed to march on the field this fall & travel is prohibited.   

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/No-marching-bands-allowed-on-SEC-football-fields--150808341/

Dang it. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I have a friend who is a balloon handler in the parade every year.

As of a week ago she hadn't gotten any information as to how they were going to do the balloons.

If I find out anything,I'll post it.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I have a friend who is a balloon handler in the parade every year.

As of a week ago she hadn't gotten any information as to how they were going to do the balloons.

If I find out anything,I'll post it.

Heard the balloons will be handled or cars (or vehicles of some sort) to cut down (or remove) the number of handlers.

Sorry heard it in passing and missed all the details 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Heard the balloons will be handled using cars (or vehicles of some sort) to cut down (or remove) the number of handlers.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:44 PM, E3D said:

Dang it. 

My favorite marching band, the Alabama Million Dollar Band, was scheduled to perform at the Macy’s Parade this year.  I would never attend the Macy’s Parade in person but it would have been great to see them.

Enjoyed MDB several times at Tuscaloosa.  Absolutely thrilling experience. Very heavy on Brass and, OH those Majorettes!  Barbie’s Ken would be jealous!

But, really, several other SEC bands are incredible, particularly LSU,, Auburn, Florida, and Texas A&M.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, LoveKathyG said:

That's interesting.  I marching HS band in Southern California from 76 - 80 and then my sisters marched from 81 - 87.  We did field show competitions and band review in the fall and then concert festivals in the spring while drill team and flags did their own indoor competitions.  Not saying you're wrong, but we never knew anything about spring competitions.  Where were they?

I'm from So Cal too and although a slightly earlier time period that's how I remember it.  Field competitions and band reviews e.g. Arcadia and National City (San Diego) were in the fall, and concerts were in the spring.  Outside of small local parades (which I hated) I don't recall anything in the spring other than concerts.  

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

My favorite marching band, the Alabama Million Dollar Band, was scheduled to perform at the Macy’s Parade this year.  I would never attend the Macy’s Parade in person but it would have been great to see them.

Enjoyed MDB several times at Tuscaloosa.  Absolutely thrilling experience. Very heavy on Brass and, OH those Majorettes!  Barbie’s Ken would be jealous!

But, really, several other SEC bands are incredible, particularly LSU,, Auburn, Florida, and Texas A&M.

I am not a SEC fan at all but I do give them credit for two things; playing football this season and their wonderful majorettes.

They're almost as wonderful as USC's song girls. 😀

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Heard the balloons will be handled or cars (or vehicles of some sort) to cut down (or remove) the number of handlers.

Just spoke to my balloon handler friend.

No handlers.

The balloons will be tethered to vehicles and towed a block or so

for the T.V. cameras.

Also sounds like all bands booked for 2020 will be invited back for 2021.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Hey someone was saddened  by your post (no idea why). 

Yes the Majorettes for Alabama are as famous a group as the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. 

Will be interesting to see what bands like Southern University's Human Juke Box do this year for the Mardi Gras and Green Day st. patricks day parades. Those are always big events for them and they are fun to be around.