Band Cancellation Tracking

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Statewide Indiana is at a 3.9 % positivity rate. As of Saturday 9 /26, places can open at full capacity, including large gatherings.

August 2021 is a long way away, but barring the unexpected there would be no state-mandated reason DCI couldn't happen.

2 caveats - 1) cities can set their own guidelines, though the Indy mayor just got sued by a bunch of business owners. It would not be in his interest to be on an island from surrounding communities, though that's been the situation; and

2) after the destruction of riots/protests in June, plus the aforementioned mayor allowing the homeless to crap in the streets like San Francisco, I'm not sure DCI really would want to have Finals back in Indy regardless of whatever sweetheart deal they have.

The city of Indianapolis has changed since August 2019, and not in a good way.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

If kids are being allowed an opportunity, any opportunity, to perform and compete, even if it's not the most ideal of circumstances, I'm all for it. JMHO

TOB's virtual is gaining steam. it gives the kids a chance to perform, and get feedback. No scores, but it's been well received

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Statewide Indiana is at a 3.9 % positivity rate. As of Saturday 9 /26, places can open at full capacity, including large gatherings.

August 2021 is a long way away, but barring the unexpected there would be no state-mandated reason DCI couldn't happen.

2 caveats - 1) cities can set their own guidelines, though the Indy mayor just got sued by a bunch of business owners. It would not be in his interest to be on an island from surrounding communities, though that's been the situation; and

2) after the destruction of riots/protests in June, plus the aforementioned mayor allowing the homeless to crap in the streets like San Francisco, I'm not sure DCI really would want to have Finals back in Indy regardless of whatever sweetheart deal they have.

The city of Indianapolis has changed since August 2019, and not in a good way.

It seems Indianapolis is taking the dive. Similar to many cities these days. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Just received my email from USBands announcing that their registration is open for their "V-USBANDS Virtual Performance" season.  That will be a "hard pass".    :spitting: 

Here's the link for anyone that would like to sign up their group:

https://usbands.org/virtual/

Thanks and updated added to home page.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, seen-it-all said:

If kids are being allowed an opportunity, any opportunity, to perform and compete, even if it's not the most ideal of circumstances, I'm all for it. JMHO

I'm sure they're fine; just have always had a bad feeling when "you know who" was their leader. :whistle:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm sure they fine; just have always had a bad feeling when "you know who" was their leader. :whistle:

He's gone and he ain't coming back. Ever. Rejoice that the old YEA properties are now under new leadership and can forge their own paths independently, without all his BS. 😁

• Like 1

My dad said Ft. Wayne bands have gotten the green light to perform at home football games. I know one school doing an 80 member band (they're usually bigger) and spread out stuff on the field.

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Thank you.  Front page has been updated.

• Like 1