Recommended Posts

At least for the last two Fridays, HS bands in NW Georgia have been able to perform at halftimes. No info about the rest of the state. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please just stop. Please.  

So -- This year, Macy's Parade will be an unabashed shill for Broadway and other celebrities? Do I have that right? If so, I think I'll pass   (Sorry! It's BC -- before coffee.)

Wow, just wow.  No one is happy about these cancelations.  "You come here often?"  "I bet you're one of those big, strong, & tough 'not my virus' kind of guys?"   "Can I buy you a tall glass

52 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

At least for the last two Fridays, HS bands in NW Georgia have been able to perform at halftimes. No info about the rest of the state. 

Do you have anything official such as a link for Georgia?  I pulled down the recommendations from the GMEA site and placed that on the first page until I get something different.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites

In Utah the marching band season is continuing per normal. This past Saturday, the first competition of the season (Wasatch Front Invitational in Herriman, UT) had 36 bands in attendance. 

09/26/2020 - Wasatch Front Invitational - Herriman, UT

CLASS 3A Open
60.663 Delta (Mus, Vis, Prc, Aux)
56.375 Grantsville
56.100 Carbon

CLASS 4A Scholastic
68.563 Ridgeline (Vis, Aux)
68.038 Sky View (Mus, Prc)
64.200 Stansbury
64.125 Tooele
61.375 Uintah
60.650 Ogden

CLASS 4A Open
82.463 Green Canyon (Mus, Vis, Prc, Aux)
71.300 Cedar Valley
65.000 Mountain Crest

CLASS 5A Scholastic
72.250 Mountain Ridge (Mus, Vis, Aux)
68.925 Salem Hills
68.363 Provo (Prc)
67.925 Orem
67.375 Murray
65.775 Timpanogos
65.775 Springville
64.525 Spanish Fork
63.250 Wasatch

CLASS 5A Open
81.700 Farmington (Mus, Vis, Prc, Aux)
78.625 Viewmont
74.850 Lehi
71.775 Maple Mountain
71.663 Alta
63.738 Timpview

CLASS 6A Scholastic
71.250 West Jordan (Mus, Vis, Prc)
70.863 Pleasant Grove (Aux)
63.763 Copper Hills

CLASS 6A Open
88.556 American Fork (Mus, Vis, Prc, Aux)
85.438 Skyridge
83.625 Davis
83.225 Westlake
81.413 Herriman
81.163 Bingham

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Do you have anything official such as a link for Georgia?  I pulled down the recommendations from the GMEA site and placed that on the first page until I get something different.

Nothing official. The Daughter is a Color Guard instructor at a local HS, so they've been performing. I'm wondering if it's just up to each school district. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

SCPA in California just announced no in person in 2021 as well as WGI. 

Thanks and front page updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Nothing official. The Daughter is a Color Guard instructor at a local HS, so they've been performing. I'm wondering if it's just up to each school district. 

It is mostly in the South.  The state athletic associations have put out guidelines but basically everything is left up to the local school districts.  Nothing is uniform so it's just a mess.  One school in our area deleted visitor bands entirely, one school district is only allowing a 25-member pep band, & some schools are allowing the entire group.  Some allow field performance, some at pre-game only, & some have eliminated any field performance.  It 's just a freakin' train wreck without a uniform 'state" policy.  We're not traveling for the next 2 weeks but I'm not complaining...

:dancin:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually people get back to living, school, work etc. Schools that I know are having local circuit competitions. I guess they did not get the same memo from the coronabro's about make sure you keep the kids from doing anything that might allow them to grow mentally , physically and in the arts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, E3D said:

Eventually people get back to living, school, work etc. Schools that I know are having local circuit competitions. I guess they did not get the same memo from the coronabro's about make sure you keep the kids from doing anything that might allow them to grow mentally , physically and in the arts. 

seems a certain house in Washington didn't get a memo either, as of news tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

seems a certain house in Washington didn't get a memo either, as of news tonight

People are going to get the Wuhan no doubt about it, but living and surviving is happening all around us! Why not join in and be a part of the comeback? Comeback for marching bands , indoor percussion , color guards, drumcorps. Athletics are going on every day. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.