Band Cancellation Tracking

9 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Understandable. I only included them because they are such a major player/influence both locally and nationally.

:offtopic:Heading your way next week.  Unfortunately, no drum corps to attend, no Brewers baseball to attend.  At least there is the Friday Fish Fry at Lakefront Brewery.:offtopic:

MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I have been trying to keep track of what states and band organizations have announced the cancellation of their season using a different thread.  I though I might as well start a single location for tracking.  Please respond and I will continue to update this first announcement as we learn of cancellations. I will add circuits as well if you can provide them to me.

AL -

AK -

AZ - http://azmba.org/2020-season-update/

AR -

CA - 

CO - https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fall-marching-band-season-canceled/73-c6fb2eac-74b9-4d32-bfbe-ade4814191e8

CT -

DE -

DC -

FL -

GA -

HI -

ID -

IL - All Chicago-area shows cancelled. U of IL and ISU Shows cancelled (Per hostrauser)

IN - https://www.indystar.com/story/news/education/2020/07/16/indiana-high-school-marching-band-canceled-fall-2020/5454666002/

IA -

KS -

KY - Kentucky cancelled their State Marching Band Championships. (Per Incognito365)

LA -

ME -

MD -

MA -

MI -

MN -

MS -

MO - Assorted independent shows cancelled (Per hostrauser)

MT -

NE -

NV -

NH -

NJ - NJ delayed the start of fall sports til October (Per Jeff Ream)

NM - POB and ZIA marching band shows canceled (high school football season postponed to Feb 2021) (Per hostrauser)

NY -

NC - Competitive season canceled in several counties (Per Newseditor44)

ND - No competitions (Per hostrauser)

OH -

OK -

OR -

PA -

RI -

SC - https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/article244297947.html

SD -

TN -

TX - UIL Announcement pending on Monday (Per MikeN)

UT -

VT - No competitions (Per hostrauser)

VA - VA Fall Football cancelled (Per Jeff Ream)

WA -

WV - WV cancelled all band rehearsals til mid August. (Per Jeff Ream)

WI -

WY -

CIRCUITS

BOA -

Cavalcade of Bands (PA) - Announcement Pending

NCBA - Eight shows canceled, seven TBD (Per hostrauser)

NESBA - Tentative Schedule released (Per Tim K)

NWAPA - Full season canceled (Per hostrauser)

TOB -

USBands -

WBA - Full season canceled (Per hostrauser)

Rose Bowl Parade - https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-15/the-2021-rose-parade-is-canceled-blame-the-coronavirus

TOB has not cancelled anything circuit wide except for Atlantic Coast Championships. bands have the option of attending TOBLive events....a non competitve event using 2 judges and festival class sheets, or TOBVirtual where videos are submitted for review. as TOB encompasses PA, NJ, MD, DE, WV and VA the plethora of state rules  change daily and it's up to the hosts if they want to run a show, and some have cancelled. as school districts and states make their own decisions, we expect to see more changes to the schedule

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Tim mentioned budgets. Wonder if money being shifted to cleaning work to fight CV would be taken from extracurricular budgets.

many bands are more booster funded than anything

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, Jeff Ream said:

TOB has not cancelled anything circuit wide except for Atlantic Coast Championships. bands have the option of attending TOBLive events....a non competitve event using 2 judges and festival class sheets, or TOBVirtual where videos are submitted for review. as TOB encompasses PA, NJ, MD, DE, WV and VA the plethora of state rules  change daily and it's up to the hosts if they want to run a show, and some have cancelled. as school districts and states make their own decisions, we expect to see more changes to the schedule

Thx.  I have updated accordingly.

5 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Thx.  I have updated accordingly.

a bird says Cavalcade will be mirroring TOB to a degree, but again, things can change in a nano second. PIAA basically said fall sports continue, despite kids continuing to test positive, so basically they threw it at the governors feet. he's not up for re-election, so likely he won't care if he pulls the plug. several schools are announcing at least virtual starts

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

a bird says Cavalcade will be mirroring TOB to a degree, but again, things can change in a nano second. PIAA basically said fall sports continue, despite kids continuing to test positive, so basically they threw it at the governors feet. he's not up for re-election, so likely he won't care if he pulls the plug. several schools are announcing at least virtual starts

I respect you to must to give you the bird 🤣.  I'll just wait for a little more confirmation on this one.

🤦‍♂️

This is the official statement from the Oklahoma Bandmasters Association regarding the cancellation of State contests:

OBA Membership,

As all of you know, we find ourselves dealing with a situation that is completely out of our control and very difficult to navigate. COVID-19 has created a set of circumstances that impacts our state and education system and has left us with the inability to host our state contests at our host sites. Given this fact and the long list of other factors that we are facing, the executive board has unanimously made the difficult decision to cancel all 2020 OBA State Marching Contests. We wanted to make this decision as quickly as possible for band program planning but still hold out to make sure that it was the right call. I hope that all of us can work together to help stay positive and keep our artform alive safely during these uncertain times in which we are living. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help or support you and your band program. We are going to get through this together.

Sincerely,

Executive Board
Oklahoma Bandmasters Association

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

This is the official statement from the Oklahoma Bandmasters Association regarding the cancellation of State contests:

OBA Membership,

As all of you know, we find ourselves dealing with a situation that is completely out of our control and very difficult to navigate. COVID-19 has created a set of circumstances that impacts our state and education system and has left us with the inability to host our state contests at our host sites. Given this fact and the long list of other factors that we are facing, the executive board has unanimously made the difficult decision to cancel all 2020 OBA State Marching Contests. We wanted to make this decision as quickly as possible for band program planning but still hold out to make sure that it was the right call. I hope that all of us can work together to help stay positive and keep our artform alive safely during these uncertain times in which we are living. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help or support you and your band program. We are going to get through this together.

Sincerely,

Executive Board
Oklahoma Bandmasters Association

Do you have a link to the official announcement?

32 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Do you have a link to the official announcement?

This was an email shared with me. I'm sure an official announcement will be posted today or tomorrow. There is this, however:

https://tulsaworld.com/communities/wagoner/news/oklahoma-bandmasters-association-cancels-2020-state-marching-championships/article_3e910537-9aca-5fa2-a1e5-cc9d60feac9b.html

18 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

This was an email shared with me. I'm sure an official announcement will be posted today or tomorrow. There is this, however:

https://tulsaworld.com/communities/wagoner/news/oklahoma-bandmasters-association-cancels-2020-state-marching-championships/article_3e910537-9aca-5fa2-a1e5-cc9d60feac9b.html

Done.  Thank you very much.  Four more days until I can get my New Glarus Spotted Cow beer back in MKE.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1