Your New Touring Model

Okay folks. You're in charge of designing the 'new' touring model with the objective to save as much money as possible. I don't want to make it overly complicated so the things to consider include the following:

Establishing a new maximum corps limit.

Establish a geographic touring model that would not require the corps to spend the night at a facility (can either go back to home base or drive to next site).

Review the current corps model with an eye on saving money.  

Ready? GO!

The problem is most members are not from a corps home base and some sort of over night facility will be reqiured regardless. Now it may be a corps has more resources in their home base area and securing a facility may be easier, but there will still need to be a facility. 

• Like 1

What is yours since you put this topic out there?  I will add this and maybe some will disagree but we need to stop this nonsense about the MASK thing. Maybe when or if people comply with this we can move on. We are stuck in just the mask debate. To me that's insane. You see the reports. Countries around the world are opening up in stages except US!!!!

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

The activity as a whole is in big financial trouble. With the economy being undermined and schools refusing to open, there will be no WGI, DCI or Marching Band competitions. Without the use of scholastic, universities and college facilities there will be none of the above. Will be interesting to see who and what’s left standing or in what form the activity takes to return in 2022. But nothing’s going to happen any earlier than fall of 2021. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DAvery said:

The problem is most members are not from a corps home base and some sort of over night facility will be reqiured regardless. Now it may be a corps has more resources in their home base area and securing a facility may be easier, but there will still need to be a facility. 

Exactly,.its not the 70s

57 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

What is yours since you put this topic out there?  I will add this and maybe some will disagree but we need to stop this nonsense about the MASK thing. Maybe when or if people comply with this we can move on. We are stuck in just the mask debate. To me that's insane. You see the reports. Countries around the world are opening up in stages except US!!!!

Yes, I disagree.

Could it be that other countries are opening up because they have responded much better to COVID than we have? IMO, as a nation, our response has been nothing short of inept. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yes, I disagree.

Could it be that other countries are opening up because they have responded much better to COVID than we have? IMO, as a nation, our response has been nothing short of inept. 

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yes, I disagree.

I agree with you. I've traveled to Asia pre and post Sars. They take this SERIOUSLY. This is before Covid 19. HK which is one of the most populated density areas are open. You know why...MASKS!! I saw them wearing them after SARS. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I agree with you. I've traveled to Asia pre and post Sars. They take this SERIOUSLY. This is before Covid 19. HK which is one of the most populated density areas are open. You know why...MASKS!! I saw them wearing them after SARS. 

Obviously I read your initial post wrong. Please accept my apology.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Obviously I read your initial post wrong. Please accept my apology.

Of course I do. You are a vet here on DCP.  We  are all dealing this with the best way we can. I really prey that our activity can survive this. I'm not sure it can in full force. Doug.

I don’t get the angst with the masks.  I just don’t mind that much.  I have a really good mask that I keep clean, I’ve always washed my hands a lot,  always had disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer,  the only thing different for me, is the mask. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1